Luis Suárez

KingLeo10

Eto'o played a pivotal role in 3 CL wins. Had back to back trebles.

Suarez put up better numbers and had more ability at his best (creativity) but I would pick Eto'o ahead of any striker outside of R9 in the last 25 years for a big game.

Richard.H

Suarez put up better numbers and had more ability at his best (creativity) but I would pick Eto'o ahead of any striker outside of R9 in the last 25 years for a big game.

And also a very adaptable player. He got converted to a winger in Mourinhos Inter and still played well in that position

Xaviniesta

Eto’o won Mallorca the Copa del rey. Not to mention his treble with inter. he’s considered one of their best signings in history.

I believe we would have won 2010 CL if we kept him. Damn, imagine 3 in a row from 09-11

Eto’o was a big game player like no other. Take him over Suarez everyday of the week. Dude had a killer mentality like [MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION] said and was just as successful, without a prime Messi feeding him

It’s not revisionist at all to think Eto’o was better than Suarez

Last edited:

Then you are overating eto massively. I would take Batigol after he contracted a STD from Arthur, over Eto.

And Luis is better too. He didn't need Messi to play 2 of the best years in epl history either.

Androutsos

Suarez has 599 games, 399 goals and 229 assists to his name, 18 trophies. Eto'o had 718 games, 359 goals and 116 assists, and 22 trophies.

KingLeo10

Then you are overating eto massively. I would take Batigol after he contracted a STD from Arthur, over Eto.

And Luis is better too. He didn't need Messi to play 2 of the best years in epl history either.

2 of the best years in EPL history?

:lol: More like 1

Salah's bettered Suarez's numbers at Pool. I'm impressed but not THAT impressed.

Neeraj

Maybe the stats say otherwise, but I prefer Eto. I always looked at Eto as one of the best strikers I've seen. He was just lethal, and he wasn't a poacher - he could run into balls or run with balls to score.

I think Suarez does have more goalazos, but something about the way Suarez plays - his sort of messy, untidy and scrappy way of playing, is not pleasing on the eye to me. I can see the argument for Suarez over Eto and I don't think it's crazy to think of Suarez as the superior player. But the fact that Suarez has declined so much in a Barca shirt does somewhat color mine and other people's opinions about him - whereas for good or bad, Eto left at his peak (or got thrown out rather).

2 of the best years in EPL history?

:lol: More like 1

Salah's bettered Suarez's numbers at Pool. I'm impressed but not THAT impressed.

Salah is playing in a team almost twice as strong as what Luis was working with. Salah in that Slippy G team would have had 10 less goals per season than Luis. The man was scoring wonder goals every other week.

Way way too harsh on Luis man 😎

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Salah is playing in a team almost twice as strong as what Luis was working with. Salah in that Slippy G team would have had 10 less goals per season than Luis. The man was scoring wonder goals every other week.

Way way too harsh on Luis man 

Suarez' individual season for Liverpool when they should have won the title is probably the best from a Liverpool player in the modern era. Suarez and Sturridge were almost singlehandedly winning Liverpool the title.

I don't get the Eto'o disrespect from you though. He's one of the best strikers in history. His record for Barca was phenomenal and his season when Inter won the treble was great as well.

You could definitely make the case Eto'o was the more impactful Barcelona striker, even if Suarez is the better player.

malvolio

Eto’o won Mallorca the Copa del rey. Not to mention his treble with inter. he’s considered one of their best signings in history.

etoo was pretty meh that season. inter had diego milito who was on fire, maybe that's why jose put etoo on the wing.

the only reason inter fans consider him a good signing is that they got the better deal by shipping ibra and getting a truck load of money. even though, in the long run, ibra would have provided more to the club than an ageing etoo.

it's baffling that people praise etoo for that lucky inter season. :lol:

PS: just looked at his goals from that treble season - 12 in serie a, 2 in champions league and 2 in the coppa italia

Last edited:
Suarez' individual season for Liverpool when they should have won the title is probably the best from a Liverpool player in the modern era. Suarez and Sturridge were almost singlehandedly winning Liverpool the title.

I don't get the Eto'o disrespect from you though. He's one of the best strikers in history. His record for Barca was phenomenal and his season when Inter won the treble was great as well.

You could definitely make the case Eto'o was the more impactful Barcelona striker, even if Suarez is the better player.

Agree first paragraph but I would go even further. For me it's one of the best individual EPL seasons I've seen from any player ... ever.

Absolutely no disrespect to eto he was a phenomenon. Legendary player and mentally a warrior with his goading of Madrid fans in the Bernabeu (especially given their penchant for racially abusing him)

But to say he is better than Batigol is just nuts. Can you imagine how many goals he would have got had he played in a Barca team. The guy hardly missed. Top 10 greatest of all time for me.

Co0ter

100% agree. Eto'o was vastly underrated, if anything.

Home of Barca Fans