Luis Suárez

Arizona Scott

Still another goalless UCL match...a.

Who cares? Drew the penalty that gave Messi a goal and practically (and unselfishly) gave Coutinho a goal. Best player on the pitch in the 1st half.
Seriously the narrow mindedness of some people, Barca is about winning and players collectively playing beautiful football--doesn't matter who has the final touch, the team joy is there. In fact it is even more important to the growth and performance of a team to provide a teammate an easier chance than it is to try to pad your own goal tally.

Vilarrubi

Who cares? Drew the penalty that gave Messi a goal and practically (and unselfishly) gave Coutinho a goal. Best player on the pitch in the 1st half.
Seriously the narrow mindedness of some people, Barca is about winning and players collectively playing beautiful football--doesn't matter who has the final touch, the team joy is there. In fact it is even more important to the growth and performance of a team to provide a teammate an easier chance than it is to try to pad your own goal tally.

Exactly..... I’d much rather him play like he did last night and not get a goal than play horrible but get a lucky goal like he sometimes does.

Leo_Messi

A very good performance in the first half reminiscent of the old Suárez but unfortunately back to the Donkey Suárez version in the second half. His awful CL statistic continues as well.:facepalm: This has to be his final season as an indisputable starter no matter if he scores hat-tricks in every game that is left (17 at most should we reach the CL final) of the season.

Flavius

Don.t get me wrong, in most occasions i love Suarez, just that this 'CL no scoring' will cost us just like in the last season. Messi can.t do it all alone, we know that. Also i just said after that that he made a top first half, so please mind your words next time.

Arizona Scott

I just dont see a difference between whether he has the final touch or another player. If he is handing messi and coutinho goals because of his creativity and anticipation that works just as well as him being the finisher.

I will also say a couple of explosions the 1st half that look a lot like the fit/health suarez--there were great signs we can get moments of old suarez from him. Largely conserve him for peak freshness into the cl matches now.

Total-Football

people dont see the bigger picture here.. players like mandzukic or ole times suarez are like an extra defender.. suarez nowadays attack when we have the ball or hold his knees and bend when we dont have it.. soon our team is going to get exposed for this. you dont get to be this complacent (/inable) without the ball.

ronniecro

Is there any striker available at the moment who could serve as an instant upgrade?

of his qualities no,there isn't in my opinion. Kane is close but still not as good. but we need someone because it will be far from good if we are going to depend only on him next season

EdmondDantes

of his qualities no,there isn't in my opinion. Kane is close but still not as good. but we need someone because it will be far from good if we are going to depend only on him next season

I don't think Kane would work here that well since he's accustomed to having Spurs' entire team set up to play for him. Here we play for Messi and not the striker. Unless he'd compromise but I don't see a player with his ego doing that.

Home of Barca Fans