Luis Suárez

JamDav1982

Haha claim all that shit then moan about sarcastic replies.

You are a joke as I said.

Still hitting you hard that Suarez the fat, done player that was going to contribute to a gteed loss played well.

Once again working that Scotland angle you think sounds so big and clever. Good stuff keep it coming.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

Suárez is an amazing player that has hit an extended bad patch. His weight is not helping either.

That said, the False 9 system is not working for him. It’s either we drop the system and get Messi back on the RW or we drop Suárez and play the system.

Messi on the RW comes with problems like a midfielder having to go wide and playing out of position as well as creating problems in defence. Possible solution is to play a 3-4-3 as Lucho attempted but it’s a tricky system to master. You also give up an extra advanced midfielder in Messi by playing him wide and not as a False 9. Trade off to this is you get Suárez playing where he’s meant to.

If it were up to me I’d play the False 9 due to all its benefits with Messi being the focal point.

So I’d say at this moment Suárez is a hindrance, mainly due to his form, just like Ibra was and something’s gotta give...

Alik

Suárez is an amazing player that has hit an extended bad patch. His weight is not helping either.

That said, the False 9 system is not working for him. It’s either we drop the system and get Messi back on the RW or we drop Suárez and play the system.

Messi on the RW comes with problems like a midfielder having to go wide and playing out of position as well as creating problems in defence. Possible solution is to play a 3-4-3 as Lucho attempted but it’s a tricky system to master. You also give up an extra advanced midfielder in Messi by playing him wide and not as a False 9. Trade off to this is you get Suárez playing where he’s meant to.

If it were up to me I’d play the False 9 due to all its benefits with Messi being the focal point.

So I’d say at this moment Suárez is a hindrance, mainly due to his form, just like Ibra was and something’s gotta give...

For now, yes. I still have hopes Suarez may adapt though.

Raki13

Suarez is almost 31 , he isn't going to get any better. We have seen the best of him and the last two years he's been a waste of a jersey.

M

MessiCam

Suarez is almost 31 , he isn't going to get any better. We have seen the best of him and the last two years he's been a waste of a jersey.
2015/16 - 53 Goals
2016/17 - 36 Goals

Yeah, that’s a waste of jersey...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
2015/16 - 53 Goals
2016/17 - 36 Goals

Yeah, that’s a waste of jersey...

Suarez was an important part of the team in 2015-16, denying which is just hatred.

But he was a disaster last year wasting chances left, right and enter! His meaningful contribution the last season can be counted on one hand

FCBfan22

I think Suarez will gain massively playing with Dembele when he comes back. Dembele is one of the best providers for the strikers. Aubameyang was incredibly wasteful with them last year. If Suarez can convert more of them we should be good and he will finish with more goals than last season. I think we need to wait for Dembele to come back to really see how much Suarez has declined. All that said, he has shown some promise in the Uruguay and Atletico games. Unlike Rakitic, who has been pure doom since the first few games for both club and country.

clemente

I don't understand this argument about his weight, he always was fat and best striker for a long time, Higuain is the same, do you really think for a footballer its difficult to lose weight?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's how he's built. We could have a discussion of how he dropped his movement but then you also need to consider the thing he has with his knee.

raskolnikov

I dont think he is fat at all. Ronaldo, Adriano post inter or Ailton were fat.
Suarez bf % is probably lower than all of yours.

Home of Barca Fans