Luis Suárez

Arizona Scott

Agreed. And it doesn t make sence at all. It s like he is physically aging, but mentaly he is geting younger (less experience/knowledge).

Weird case of Luis Suarez.

I think there are fatigue issues. Someone not sharp at all can't score 25 goals in league and assist on 12. He was very sharp for Uruguay, but became less so over time as he logged heavy minutes and hard a greater burden (Cavani got injured). In fact early on, him and Cavani were quite deadly.

I think a big key is getting a lot of burden off him and Messi the 1st 2/3rds of the season. That means more scoring and work rate of others playing forward spots (Dembele, Countinho, Malcolm), and yes not playing them as heavy minutes in the league and CDR. The manger is just going to have to do it (rotate out Luis about 1/3, Messi a bit less) because as competitors they will burn themselves out and peak early. Has happened over and over again. Even the last tremble and the PSG comeback it was the springer chicken (Neymar) who had more in the tank.

FCBfan22

Showed some waking up today. Played a few good actions with Rafinha and Dembele.

But, we really need him to wake up, since Munir and Alcacer are utter shite.

soul24rage

I think he was the last player to train in that starting XI vs Sevilla, so him being rusty and having very heavy touches should have been expected. With more running and training, I think he will improve his overall performance.

PhilS

May take him a while, like until September, to get sharp. Valverde will stay with him, since there are no other striker candidates on this squad who have any chance of scoring 30 goals a season. Lets say he continues to fade, from the Golden Boot level of 59 goals 15/16, to 37 goals 16/17, to 31 goals 17/18, to, say, 25 goals 18/19. The fact is, 25 goals is outstanding production. Dembele, for instance, may never get to 25 goals a season. No one else on the squad has even the remote potential of ever getting to 25 goals a year. I expect Suarez to carry this team for significant stretches this season. Be appreciative, whenever he does lose his regular starting spot, it is unlikely his successor will do as much.

Zidane82

Oddly enough every Liverpool fan I've spoken with plus many online would take Suarez back in a heartbeat.

Imagine if we could trade him plus cash for Firmino !?!

fergus90

Anyone who wants Suarez back at Liverpool doesn't watch la liga, he wouldn't start and if he did at first he'd quickly be dropped.

BusiTheKing

EV “Luis is fine, he’s only just coming back from his [post World Cup] break, so he’s gradually getting up to speed, but he looks good.”

Of course he's not gonna criticise him publicly, but there's no way he's getting benched this season.

Home of Barca Fans