Luis Suárez

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Glad he didn't score. Watching his overeager ass trying to feed his ego against Levante when game was done while he should be resting and club would be better to give minutes to kids, made me wanna puke.

But hey, they learn from mistakes. Like last season when he "realized" he should have rested himself more. :facepalm:

And someone actually thinks other lazy asses like Rakitic or Pique will learn too this season and won't "allow" another Roma.

Arizona Scott

...... Like last season when he "realized" he should have rested himself more. :facepalm:

And someone actually thinks other lazy asses like Rakitic or Pique will learn too this season and won't "allow" another Roma.

That is the manger's job to rest players. Players competitiveness is the major reason they are world class to start with.

I am very glad Suarez, Rakitic and Pique are on the squad and I hope JV uses they wisely, and that includes many minutes of the critical matches that will define this season and perhaps JV's tenure. I'll enjoy watching.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
That is the manger's job to rest players. Players competitiveness is the major reason they are world class to start with.

“I really regret the game last year against Leganés at home, I played the whole game when we had many advantage points and in three days we had the final against Roma,” the Uruguayan forward confessed. - Suarez.

And that was Barcaman's point.

Arizona Scott

“I really regret the game last year against Leganés at home, I played the whole game when we had many advantage points and in three days we had the final against Roma,” the Uruguayan forward confessed. - Suarez.

And that was Barcaman's point.

I am not really following, sorry. IMO the manager has the primary job to rest players and to see the bigger picture. The players nature will be to compete if on the pitch. I want Saurez and other players to try as hard as they can to score, keep opponents from scoring and play for the team IF placed on the pitch. So to me it is on EV to look out for the players and keep them off the pitch more. I hope EV learned from last year, it should not be on the players to rest on the pitch or tell the coach give me a rest.

raskolnikov

I am not really following, sorry. IMO the manager has the primary job to rest players and to see the bigger picture. The players nature will be to compete if on the pitch. I want Saurez and other players to try as hard as they can to score, keep opponents from scoring and play for the team IF placed on the pitch. So to me it is on EV to look out for the players and keep them off the pitch more. I hope EV learned from last year, it should not be on the players to rest on the pitch or tell the coach give me a rest.
He learned fuck all. Same poor rotation and player management as last year. It proves Valverde isnt in charge at all. Just a yes man. We will run into another Roma this year. If we are lucky we aeast will win la liga again. Cl wont happen with Valverde.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Di Matteo won CL, Valverde could too. Luck can be a big factor.
But yes, realistically, other top teams bar Madrid are hungrier and better coached.

raskolnikov

Di Matteo won CL, Valverde could too. Luck can be a big factor.
But yes, realistically, other top teams bar Madrid are hungrier and better coached.

Yes exactly that. Its a long shot which makes us a dark horse at best not some bookmaker favourite. The frustrating part is we would have a much better chance if Valverde learned from his mistakes and get his rotations right.

Potroh

Suarez had a typical "Suarez game" today. Scoring a goal, fighting, but otherwise he is just simply the crab of almost every attack accomplishment and almost all his attempt proved an abortion.

The truth is that because he is a very very skilled and talented footballer, he may still have his goals and moments, but his body is no longer able to follow the solvable situations on the pitch.
He is still great in STATIC situations or when he doesn't need to play the ball while moving, running, but his body's own INERTIA no longer makes it possible for him to participate in speedy actions.

A pity to see his inevitable decline, even if he scores zillion nice goals this year and the next, because he either has a rather serious weight problem or just reached the state when his body is no longer able to accomplish what he wants to do...

Nothanks

VAR agrees it wasn't a foul i doubt many players in our team would of even attempted a shot with the keeper that close.

also his goal now makes him top 5 in our history of goalscorers.
27 away from being top 3.

raskolnikov

VAR agrees it wasn't a foul i doubt many players in our team would of even attempted a shot with the keeper that close.

also his goal now makes him top 5 in our history of goalscorers.
27 away from being top 3.
He will definitly end up second.

Suarez overal play is so frustrating with great moments now and then but he does get the goals. Best striker of the last decade.

Home of Barca Fans