Luis Suárez

El Flaco

Suárez's full interview with Mundo Deportivo

[tw]928161101401022464[/tw]

Using Google Translate, sorry...

Fans wonder what happens to Luis Suárez.

I also wonder (laughs). I am very self-critical with myself and I wonder why he does not want to enter the ball, but I can not complain about anything. Never lower my arms and keep fighting is what has brought me here. I have to correct things that I do wrong and keep training until I enter some.

Are you worried?

The important thing is that the team continues to win. As much as I do, the team comes in a very good line and for the moment is not needing my goals, but I have to try to improve. I myself want to demand much more because I know I can give more.

Do you find any explanation or is it a matter of gusts?

Obviously the gusts are gusts and you have to try to reverse the situation, but what calms me is how I feel in many games. It is true that in some moments I have felt uncomfortable about the subject of the knee, but there have been games that with the attitude I have had I have already felt happy. Especially because the team won despite not scoring goals.

Are you very demanding of yourself?

Yes, there are times when I ask myself a lot for not doing things well. More than for not scoring goals, I demand to do things badly hurting the team, like losing balls that is something that I do not usually do and that when it happens that is what worries me the most.

What exactly does not do well in the field?

When I lose balls or make bad decisions. For example the other day there were a couple of occasions against Sevilla when I made bad decisions and when you are confident you do not lose them. Another mistake is to have another partner and try to get together with Leo knowing that the defenses cover the pass to Leo, but it is the inertia of wanting to join him, but they are things of which I am very self-demanding and correct myself.

Do you review the matches on video once they are finished?

No, I do not watch videos but the coach shows me a lot of how I am positioned at the time of pressing and that I try to correct.

When talking about making bad decisions, do you mean, for example, Messi against Olympiacos when he could throw?

There are times when the doorman hurries you a lot and because I had Leo in front of me, I tried to give it to him. A forward always has the possibility to finish should do it but was a better positioned partner and always looking for the benefit of the partner. Many times I have left the court happy because I gave an assistance or made an appropriate decision. I go bad when I feel that I could not give what I could give up.

For all this, do you notice a certain anxiety?

It is not anxiety. If I had anxiety I would take the ball in the middle of the field and I would like to overcome three, four or five opponents and I would be throwing at goal all the time. It's more that you recognize when you do not want to enter. In the play I had against Málaga, who does the whole play Sergi (Roberto), if I remember correctly or laugh right away that I hit him or before I hit him I already knew that I was going to fail. That happens to you when you are in an emotionally bad moment but I am also aware that I can give much more.

You are not the only forward who is not seeing the door. Cristiano, Benzema, Griezmann ... others are like you.

At least we are all involved in this (laughs).

He talked about his discomfort, why he decided not to have surgery and follow the conservative treatment recommended by the club?

Because I think it is best to try to avoid surgery because it always takes a longer period of sick leave. It has been said that they were three weeks and no doctor has said it, they said it to say, and if you go through the surgery they are at least four weeks, and more in a meniscus. It is a consensual medical decision. Last time I did it like that and it improved a lot. And now in this break, with the agreement that the Uruguayan Federation and the club have reached due to the good relationship they have, like in September they let me go play with Uruguay when I had not played with Barça, I hope to finish recovering and be well in the remainder of the season.

So, are we waiting for you in time for the next League match against Leganes?

Yes, without any problem. We are doing a treatment that does not involve many days but it does lower the intensity loads to give rest.

With 124 goals to his back as a Barça player, only six of the 130 from Eto'o and Rivaldo, do you notice the fondness of the fans now that they are going through a rough patch?

In spite of having had complicated matches in which I have not scored goals, the fans have respected me a lot and I value that and thank them because they know what I have given to the club. It is an admirable hobby to which I will always be grateful because from the moment I arrived he has always treated me well. At no time has he put pressure on me even though when I arrived I went through times when I did not score and that is very much appreciated.

Do you need to dial?

A striker always needs to score but I am not angry at home because I do not score, I leave angry when I feel that I have not helped the team or that I have not given up what I had to surrender. There are games, like against Athletic, when I ended happy in life first because we had won and second because I had felt like I wanted to feel, as I had not felt for a long time, and against Olympiacos too. I tried it anyway and I was happy with the attitude more than anything. In the game against Sevilla I lost a lot of balls and I got angry because of that. Not because we won or because I did not score. I go away angry when I know that I am not up to what I have to be.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...8/luis-suarez-no-me-puedo-reprochar-nada.html

With the arrival of the new coach and the new approach, do you notice that he is running more?

I have already heard what they say about me and the new approach. The coach knows where I can perform and knows what my virtue is. If I shoot more to the band it's because I see space and I do not see anyone to hurt. If I fall more to the band it's because of inertia and not because the coach sends it to me.

The march of Neymar has released that left band, right?

Yes when you have an extreme left or right you play more static and play in short spaces between the two centers but having no left band you get there a little more, but it's nothing that has hurt me.

You are making an exceptional start with 31 of 33 points in the League. What has changed in this Barça?

We are having a defensive solidity and in the center of the field that we had not felt for a long time. We are in a dynamic in which you can arrive sometimes but you feel safe from the goalkeeper to the last. You feel safe and you get everything right. I've been through times here that came to you and made you a goal. Now they arrive and Marc is at a great level and in the defense the coach himself has doubts who to put because they are all at a good level. In the middle of the field there are a lot of people who score, who run and who help and that's good, and they're making things difficult for the coach to put together the team.

But there is some debate about the team's game, which is won without amusing. How do you rate it?

Last year we went through times that came to us and scored, complained that we did not have people in the middle of the field to score and they came very easily to us. Now we have more people in the middle, we are strong and do not make us many goals and still complain, but football is a continuous debate. When you win you complain about something and when you lose you complain about another. We have to live with that constantly. We must always try to improve and we are the first to want to play better and to give people happiness and tranquility.

Everything that is said in the media comes to the dressing room?

It's not that we get the media, you're a soccer player and talk to the people around you. We ourselves in the dressing room speak and we are aware that sometimes we play badly and win and that we have to improve. We are aware but what we have to do is try to follow the current line in which we have been winning and that is good. It makes you generate confidence and that rivals respect you. There are always things to improve.

Now that you have been working with Ernesto Valverde for several months, how do you see the new coach?

It surprised me for good. He is very calm with a sincerity when speaking to you that transmits tranquility and never gets nervous, I think it is clear that all players have their confidence and gives them opportunities. He has no problem with any and he has proved it. It is admirable. Both he and the coaching staff always look at things to improve.

Each year they face it with the maximum ambition but, is it possible to win the Champions League this season?

Obvious. We are in Barcelona and we have the obligation to win all the titles. The Champions is the pending account that we have had for two years that we were not at the level and I think that is what we want.

Catalonia has lived a special political context for a long time, how do you experience it?

Affect can not affect us or influence anything negative in sports but it is not a foreign issue in the locker room, it is talked about because it is a topic that society talks about. It is a very sensitive issue. I have a Catalan daughter who was born here, Delfina. I position myself on the theme that everyone is free to think and express their opinion about what they want, about free expression. It is a subject in which we must be very careful.

Luis Suárez renewed with Barça not long ago until 2021. Do you see himself playing with his friend Messi at the Camp Nou three or four years more?

I hope so. I hope to try to fulfill my contract, which is what you want. I want to be as long as possible in the elite as I am here in Barcelona, ​​but you never know. No player has retired at Barca because it is very difficult and very complicated but we will try to keep up with the club as long as possible.

And Leo, do you see him retiring at Barça?

I would love to. For what Leo is, for what it has meant for the club and for the admiration I have for him. Hopefully soon there will be good news.

Messi has 523 goals in 600 games with Barça. How is that explained?

The numbers, the images ... Everything speaks for itself of what it is and what it means. He is the best player in history for both the club and the world and a match that plays different things. For me, it is a privilege to have it as a companion.

They connected inside and outside the field to the first one. Was it a crush?

(laughs) Always to have a relationship you have to go little by little. It is not something that arose since I arrived, little by little we got to know each other always respecting their space. Today we have a very good relationship that we have done quite well in the field and outside. If you do not get along well it's hard to get along inside.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...z-me-gustaria-que-messi-se-retirase-aqui.html

From Suárez interview with Sport

[tw]928190767918612480[/tw]

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Thanx [MENTION=20286]El Flaco[/MENTION]

They really harped with questions about bad form. :lol:

Also, he wants to stay here as long as possible so that's good news re. Messi renewal.

Givenchy

had a dream the other night he scored 4 goals in our next laliga match

hopefully he can turn this shit around as i really like the guy

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
[tw]928190767918612480[/tw]

giphy.gif

He should get a lead role in next Dracula film.

behindbrowneyes

Hope the fucking cyst in his knee disappears through this therapy. We desperately need a Suárez in form because he still is one of the most clynical finishers out there.

Home of Barca Fans