Luis Suárez

Arizona Scott

I think it is at least equal physical as mental. Needs more rest between knee injections and starts. There is no way he is not going to play the big games this year--only true #9, but get him out of regular matches.

Zidane82

I recall Gary Neville realising that his legs had suddenly gone .. maybe it’s happening to Suarez .. he doesn’t look anywhere near fit enough , either way

Xaviniesta

he''s just inconsistent. beginning of the season he was wank too. then he regained his form and was really good. now he is wank at everything again. we just gotta hope he regains his form by the time the quarterfinals of the CL arrive

FCBfan22

Each year Suarez has more and more of those shit patches in his form. Last year he had one or two. This year he is on his second one now and they last longer. Sign of ageing.

El Flaco

zhrjoyf3s3h21.png

https://www.sofascore.com/sv/turnering/fotboll/spain/laliga/8

Since Sofascore are using data from Opta, here's their definition of big chances (if anyone is wondering).

Big Chances

A situation where a player should reasonably be expected to score, usually in a one on one scenario or from very close range when the ball has a clear path to goal and there is low to moderate pressure on the shooter. Penalties are always considered big chances.

https://www.optasports.com/news/optas-event-definitions/

BruceWayne11

He's just such a weird player. He can seem like an amateur at times, then score a an insane goal suddenly. Sadly, he plays more and more like an amateur nowadays. Just how can he keep missing these huge chances all the time? I think it's time to move on from Suarez and find someone else. Let's hope this post inspires some insane turnaround form from him for the rest of the season, and he proves us all wrong. That would be important for our CL chances...

henias

Not a coincidence when he fails to score in a CL match, especially when he needs countless tries to slot it into the net. He's just too wasteful, conversion rate has been woeful. And by the bs EV logic "the more chances he missed, the better", it's nonsense. I would still use him but not with him hogging every 90 mins, when you have Dembele or Malcom who converts chances swiftly.

Simply no excuse.

Arizona Scott

He was very good Jan 31 vs Sevilla, great passes and link up play with Coutinho and Messi, and knocked in an Alba cross. That was only 18 days ago, and it was a must win with a focused Barca against a not bad side in Sevilla with a 2 goal advantage. I am hopeful we have more matches like that from him sprinkled in key moments.

CatalinR10

last time he scored an away goal was 4 years ago ?

we got this ez.

one guy can only fail to score for so much.

he'll run in the box for a cross , trip himself , roll over , ball will hit him in the back and bounce in the net. Then he'll turn back and yell at Dembele for whatever reason again and celebrate.

it's fate , mate .

Suarez with a goal tonight and you know it !

Home of Barca Fans