Luis Suárez

Judoman

Agree with [MENTION=22463]Joan Laporta[/MENTION]. He missed everything, but to me he played quite well. Also, i liked the defensive hustle. We often won the ball back high up the pitch and
he played a mayor part in it.

The amount of moaning after a win against the team that plays the "bus of all buses" surprises me.

Sorin

Cavani would actually be the perfect striker for us at this moment, although he's not got long left at the top level. Suarez was finished at the top level already last season..

Agreed. I'd take Cavani for a season or 2. Seems he has more in the tank at this point and could be great stop gap until some other striker shows up. But it's a moot as I don't see us being in for Cavani or Cavani being in for us.

Chris242

I wouldn't say he is complacent. You can see how pissed he Is with himself for these mistakes. He hates them just as much as us. I do believe he has a fitness problem though. Hopefully he works hard to regain some fitness as I feel most of his issues are simply from fatigue. Dropping some pounds could do him some wonders!

BBZ8800

If anything, compared to a beginning of the last season, he was:
In a better physical shape
More motivated
Less bad in general

He wasn't good.
But not as bad as last season.

He will score 20+ La liga goals probably.
Which no one from Real Madrid will...

Icarium

Lifestealer
Honestly who will score goals for Real now in league? They need to sign a striker, benzema can't score that many goals. Bale won't stay fit all season. Asensio is not a clinical goal scorer. Are they really not going to replace Ronaldo?

Kul_z

Honestly who will score goals for Real now in league? They need to sign a striker, benzema can't score that many goals. Bale won't stay fit all season. Asensio is not a clinical goal scorer. Are they really not going to replace Ronaldo?

If bale dont go hospital spree again, they're stacked. Actually, i see them quite dangerous with this line up, isco bale benz modric kross casemiro and back line. Sounds quite good to me. Suarez is a dipshit, i wouldn't just throw him away because there aren't better options, but he needs to start take care of himself. Or messi goes cf with either malcom and dembele, or coutinho dembele on wings

Icarium

Lifestealer
No matter what happens next season a no. 9 should be a priority signing. Suarez is clearly declining can't rely on him for big matches. He is getting old too.

Kul_z

No matter what happens next season a no. 9 should be a priority signing. Suarez is clearly declining can't rely on him for big matches. He is getting old too.

That's true, but who? I'm not into that icardi whatever bullshit, i'm more in that we buy some young prospect or la masia kid and drill him hard. Next wave is about to hit soon, xavi simmons is like two or three years away from joining first squad, and if we stick with current roaster we could actually have a pretty potent young squad with coutinho umtiti and ter stegen as the oldest ones, so thats something we should look forward to

clemente

Firmino would be the most perfect choice but the price wouid be absurd, haven't seen anyone talk about him here but Son Heung-min would fit us well if he doesn't go to army, he presses alot, great buildup, no weak foot, would be big upgrade from Suarez.

BBZ8800

Firmino would be the most perfect choice but the price wouid be absurd, haven't seen anyone talk about him here but Son Heung-min would fit us well if he doesn't go to army, he presses alot, great buildup, no weak foot, would be big upgrade from Suarez.

I would rather have a weaker good, old, true Cf than a world class winger or a false 9 playing as our Cf from your post.

None of them would play in the box against parked buses, but roaming around the box.

And those teams with roaming Cf haven't won Wcs or Cls since 2012'.
Last 8 Cl winners all had a true Cf.
Drogba, Mandzukic, Suarez, Benzema.
No false 9s.

All top4 teams at a World cup played with a good, old, true Cf: Giroud, Mandzukic, Kane, Lukaku.
No false 9s or playmaking Cfs at top places.

xXKonan

I really wish the guy would read the game better and instead of being wherever he wants.

Dembele had a pretty nice dribble in the second half that he managed to beat a couple of guys but Suarez was way to deep in his positioning and not track Dembele's run at all and Dembele had no options to pass to and he lost the ball.

Suarez needs to realize he isn't a playmaker like Messi is. Just do your damn job and be in the Box when you should be.

Home of Barca Fans