Luis Suárez

RevoTeller

We are toothless upfront without a real striker, much like the 2013 Tata days, prior to the arrival of Suarez.
And with a 7 years older Messi.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Just because our attack was a bit disjointed doesn't mean that suarez doesn't kill our attacks, they're not mutually exclusive.
Stop thinking in binary.

boixos

It looks like Suarez kills all of Barca's attacks, even when he's not playing.
But but Suarez killed all attacks we will play beautiful total football with him gone for the season

Ungrateful fans will soon realize how essential Suarez is in the attacking third. Our attack may very well turn into Madrid's current toothless attack that has been on full-display this season. They compensate by having reliable goal scorers in midfield (Kroos, Casemiro, and Modric). We only have Rakitic, but he cannot be relied upon since he plays more of a defensive role due to our weak backline. It would not surprise me one bit to see our goalscoring output drop to its lowest in years for the remainder of the season.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
ungrateful fans will soon realize how essential suarez is in the attacking third. Our attack may very well turn into madrid's current toothless attack that has been on full-display this season. They compensate by having reliable goal scorers in midfield (kroos, casemiro, and modric). we only have rakitic, but he cannot be relied upon since he plays more of a defensive role due to our weak backline. It would not surprise me one bit to see our goalscoring output drop to its lowest in years for the remainder of the season.

lol 3/10

malvolio

Just because our attack was a bit disjointed doesn't mean that suarez doesn't kill our attacks, they're not mutually exclusive.
Stop thinking in binary.

Attack is not disjointed, it's just full of guys who can't score. As much as Suarez has declined, he is still our best attacker after Messi and produces decent numbers every year. Actually it is quite depressing seeing Suarez score more than Griezmann, Dembele, Fati and Perez combined.

henias

^ Right. Suarez is still very lethal at goalscoring, more prominently in contrast to players like Griezmann. Probably why he compliments Messi so much because he helps to provide alot of threat upfront, in a way it creates space for Messi and could serve as a decoy. Suarez takes more shots, but u need to realise his shots are powerful and clinical. He is not as bad as last season in terms of number of chances missed, in fact alot better. At least he tries to take shots instead of playing safe and passing it back to Messi for example. We need that diversion and danger in the box. Goal conversion rate currently is still the same as Griezmann at 26%. The fact remains that Suarez is still able to provide plenty of goals behind Messi.

I totally get Suarez has declined, which is why I would definitely scout for another replacement that is great at providing the goal threat.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Attack is not disjointed, it's just full of guys who can't score. As much as Suarez has declined, he is still our best attacker after Messi and produces decent numbers every year. Actually it is quite depressing seeing Suarez score more than Griezmann, Dembele, Fati and Perez combined.

Our attack is most definitely disjointed, secondly whats with the continued use of this binary logic? Seems to be a common theme among a few posters here. Suarez is genuinely our only CF, you'd kind of expect suarez to score and have shit loads of assists when he has messi personally feeding him most games.

As for your selection of players dembele's constantly injured/not playing, Griezman just came and doesn't fit/playing out of position, fati and perez have barely played, should throw in puig, pique, lenglet & buquets while you're at it as well.

Suarez is a fucking issue.

malvolio

Our attack is most definitely disjointed, secondly whats with the continued use of this binary logic? Seems to be a common theme among a few posters here. Suarez is genuinely our only CF, you'd kind of expect suarez to score and have shit loads of assists when he has messi personally feeding him most games.

As for your selection of players dembele's constantly injured/not playing, Griezman just came and doesn't fit/playing out of position, fati and perez have barely played, should throw in puig, pique, lenglet & buquets while you're at it as well.

so suarez is actually doing what he is supposed to - scoring goals and providing assists. now he is injured, but for you he is the "fucking issue" in our attack.

it's not a "selection of players" you buffoon. it's the attackers that we have at our disposal. for some we paid obscene amounts of money. i was just stating facts.

dembele is brain-dead or injured(useless for us). griezman was clearly not a good fit for us and can't score to save his life(regardless where he played). true that fati and perez aren't at fault, but they start games for us so we can judge their performances, which are not up to standard(maybe they'll progress in the future).

so please enlighten me on how i'm being unfair in criticizing a quarter of a billion worth of attackers who can't even produce fat donkey suarez numbers?!

so suarez is actually doing what he is supposed to - scoring goals and providing assists. now he is injured, but for you he is the "fucking issue" in our attack.

it's not a "selection of players" you buffoon. it's the attackers that we have at our disposal. for some we paid obscene amounts of money. i was just stating facts.

dembele is brain-dead or injured(useless for us). griezman was clearly not a good fit for us and can't score to save his life(regardless where he played). true that fati and perez aren't at fault, but they start games for us so we can judge their performances, which are not up to standard(maybe they'll progress in the future).

so please enlighten me on how i'm being unfair in criticizing a quarter of a billion worth of attackers who can't even produce fat donkey suarez numbers?!

Closer to half a billion than quarter a billion. Almost 400m euros on Cou Dembele and Fortnite and they can't hit a barn door between them. Enough is enough. Just offer them all for Mbappe and if PSG say no, chuck in another 100m to boot.

henias

I guess what he is trying to say is as bad as Suarez is, he still is a constant goal threat. Messi generally always create chances, he drifts central and it is up to the guys upfront to score it. There's a reason why he works really well with quick wingers and strikers. But to say Messi always assist Suarez is far fetched, he does create a goal out of nothing and some really nice long range shots.

The recent signings is not helping us at all. You'd think the board has made proper planning but they just wanna sign big names for the sake of it.

As for Griezmann, there's just too many excuses: he's bad because he needs to play with Messi.But when Messi plays, he's bad because he's out of position. (Generally this happens because Messi leads attack) Villa and Pedro used to complement Messi's false 9 position. Suarez and Neymar as well when he plays inside. But other than positions, lets take into consideration his lack of dribbling, pace, and powerful shots. Wide angle shots. Under pressure he resorts to chipping or putting shots wide. He lacks the acceleration to cut in and shoot like proper inside wingers, unless theres no one pressing him. So why isn't Griezmann a huge offensive liability?

Trust me, as much as I hate Suarez, I still want to look at things objectively. I think years under Valverde got into our heads, all we care about is being able to complete passes, having lots of movement and forwards helping defence. Those are partly fundamental but not all to it. Some of you clearly forgot goalscoring is still an integral part of football, but the signings havent yet prove they are a true upgrade from Suarez. They are still as flawed if not more than Suarez but are more defended and given leniency for some reason. I would be lenient to less developed players but Griezmann is the last person to have so many excuses.

https://youtu.be/trGdESE0V3A This is a good example of Griezmann on the right and clearly struggled as well. Messi played, and Suarez came off. The fact is Griezmann played in positions/got into situations at left, right and centre before but always seemed very mediocre.

malvolio

Closer to half a billion than quarter a billion. Almost 400m euros on Cou Dembele and Fortnite and they can't hit a barn door between them. Enough is enough. Just offer them all for Mbappe and if PSG say no, chuck in another 100m to boot.

sshh... don't even go there. only suarez and messi are to be judged by their performances/goals scored. the other attackers are just here to play fortnite or post on instagram. :lucho:

Ritchie

But but Suarez killed all attacks we will play beautiful total football with him gone for the season

Get Dembele back in and it might improve a bit but the players aren't good enough and there's no other striker which is another matter. Suarez needs binning off and replaced properly.

Home of Barca Fans