Luis Suárez

JamDav1982

I don't get how people can still say this, considering it isn't that he isn't getting enough chances. His finishing is generally rubbish, he cannot control a ball to save his life, he has no pace, he cannot press like he used to, he cannot make a pass to save his life and he is horrendous at playing with back to goal, giving away the ball almost every single time.

What does he still possess that would make him a "top" player with a team built around him, that wouldn't make ANY other decent striker the same?

It's simple. He's finished.

I am saying in a team other than Barca they can build team round him and still be a top player.

At Barca they wont and shouldnt.

A player doensnt score the number of goals he does if 'finished' but for Barca what he brings doesnt compliment Messi as used to.

Raketa10

He really needs to lose some weight and he has to do that ASAP! World class athletes lose weight when they get older in order to be able to keep up with younger players and he did quite the opposite! :facepalm:

Neymessi

He never fails to shut the haters up.

Still the best striker in the world, stats don't lie.

If it was up to you lot the entire team would be filled with unproven 20 year olds.

What an utter turdfest of a post. He is not the best striker in the world. He may have a lot of goals even now because we are barca and we provide a lot of service for him but his overall gameplay is pretty shit.

Neymessi

I am saying in a team other than Barca they can build team round him and still be a top player.

At Barca they wont and shouldnt.

A player doensnt score the number of goals he does if 'finished' but for Barca what he brings doesnt compliment Messi as used to.

Totally agree with the guy you quoted. What exact qualities does suarez have that makes him a top player around him a team could be built around to take out the best in him, regardless on whether a team should or should not?

He had good finishing some time back but even his finishing is quite average these days and thats the only reason why he even plays for us because the less said about the other things about him the better.

JamDav1982

Totally agree with the guy you quoted. What exact qualities does suarez have that makes him a top player around him a team could be built around to take out the best in him, regardless on whether a team should or should not?

He had good finishing some time back but even his finishing is quite average these days and thats the only reason why he even plays for us because the less said about the other things about him the better.

Goals and assists.

Andresito

Staff member
His stats are great, but considering how much he messes up, it's insane how much potential there is.
All the bad ball controls, the misplaced passes, the bad finishing. He's so ineffective.
Imagine if we had a player who could actually handle these situations.

It's like having a player who scores 50 penalties out of 100. And one who scores 20 out of 20.
Who's actually the better penalty taker?

JamDav1982

His stats are great, but considering how much he messes up, it's insane how much potential there is.
All the bad ball controls, the misplaced passes, the bad finishing. He's so ineffective.
Imagine if we had a player who could actually handle these situations.

It's like having a player who scores 50 penalties out of 100. And one who scores 20 out of 20.
Who's actually the better penalty taker?

That is an awful analogy.

Obviously the player scoring 20 out of 20.

MTL_Barca

The analogy doesn't make sense but the point is valid. I would take a Suarez that scores 10 goals less but is in better physical shape, works more and has better ball control any day and i think everybody would.

Home of Barca Fans