Luis Suárez

Donatello

Do you guys think Suarez has been a good signing for Barcelona in hindsight? If we had kept Messi at False 9 with Neymar left wing for the past few seasons and signed a player to play on the right such as Hazard/Griezmann or even kept Alexis there and bought a midfielder instead, I'm wondering if we would have been better off.

Has Suarez been a good signing?... Definitely, Yes.
Is Suarez still a WC striler capable of leading line for a club like Barca?... Definitely, No.

MTL_Barca

Do you guys think Suarez has been a good signing for Barcelona in hindsight? If we had kept Messi at False 9 with Neymar left wing for the past few seasons and signed a player to play on the right such as Hazard/Griezmann or even kept Alexis there and bought a midfielder instead, I'm wondering if we would have been better off.

Well he was probably the best striker in the world when he joined us, MSN was fantastic and we won many titles so probably yes. I mean it's hard to say, personally i would have preferred Messi to stay in the middle and get a proper Xavi replacement instead and a new RW but its impossible to say how that would've worked out.

The problem i see with Suarez is that his signing will get worse with every season he stays a starter from now on since his level dropped hard and it doesn't look like that will change anytime soon.

ronniecro

i hate that he declined so hard and so fast,feel so bad for him. i still think he has a place in our team but under a condition of him being squad player,not starter. and we all know that will never happen

Barcilliant

i hate that he declined so hard and so fast,feel so bad for him. i still think he has a place in our team but under a condition of him being squad player,not starter. and we all know that will never happen

The problem is his physical condition. Needs to lose 5-7kg asap. He's offside all the time because he's too slow and wants to push up high all the time cause of his lack of speed.

Another player who has become too complacent.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom

lmao he has 152 goals in 198 games for Barcelona and won 3 league titles and the CL, including winning the pichichi in his second year.

He looked absolutely awful in Uruguay's first game and the decline is obvious, but even in a year where his well rounded game took a major hit, he scored 31 goals in 51 games, scored more goals than anyone in La Liga not named Messi or Ronaldo, and was the joint league assist leader. Digging deeper, WhoScored rated him second on this team after Messi and third in the league after Messi and CR - Not that WhoScored is gospel and they tend to rate forwards who have possession of the ball higher, but it's good for comparative purposes and Suarez had better statistics than messiah Greizmann.

Going forward he should probably not play every game but on what planet is that a bad signing? Barca fans are a self parody sometimes.

Last edited:

Givenchy

for the money we paid, hes been an excellent signing. imo he never reached the levels he did in his last season for Liverpool at Barca but he was and has been the best ST in the world here. false 9 got exposed and Alexis was never good enough for Barca

we shoot ourselves in the foot constantly by offering aging players huge wage contracts. Alba and Pique will be the next ones

Last edited:
I'm still 100% behind Luís you can’t just turn your back on one of our players it’s 1 game so far in the WC and the season ended for Barca after they won La Liga so of course he’ll be a bit rusty.

Ritchie

He had a good half season once he settled in and was good the next season.

been dreadful for at least a season and a half. Ideally would have sold him.while he still had value but stuck with him stinking the place out.

He's finished.

Last edited:

Raki13

Says more about how bad the coaching staff are , should never have been allowed to put on the extra weight and lose his fitness.

GOAT_SUAREZ

nope was a great signing. He obviously isn't the same but that's normal at age 31. The thing that pisses me off is the contract until 2021.

RIZALDINHO

yes Suarez has been a good signing he was the best striker in the world in his prime but he is starting to decline we need to replace him next year not this year because our priority should be to improving our midfield.

Ritchie

nope was a great signing. He obviously isn't the same but that's normal at age 31. The thing that pisses me off is the contract until 2021.

If he ends up here for 7 seasons (14-21) and is awful for 4 and a half of of them as Barca's striker (17-21) then he's not a great signing. Compare to what Real have got out of Benzema for 10 years.

He had a good 18 months-2 years and has been either shocking or suspended for the rest of it. It's not enough if he's in the team all that time. Ronaldo might have only had one great year with Barca but he was only here one year.

Last edited:

Alik

If he ends up here for 7 seasons (14-21) and is awful for 4 and a half of of them as Barca's striker (17-21) then he's not a great signing. Compare to what Real have got out of Benzema for 10 years.

He had a good 18 months-2 years and has been either shocking or suspended for the rest of it. It's not enough if he's in the team all that time. Ronaldo might have only had one great year with Barca but he was only here one year.

He was an awesome signing. Doesn't mean he was an awesome renewal. Renewing until 2021 was retarded.

El Flaco

He looked absolutely awful in Uruguay's first game and the decline is obvious, but even in a year where his well rounded game took a major hit, he scored 31 goals in 51 games, scored more goals than anyone in La Liga not named Messi or Ronaldo, and was the joint league assist leader. Digging deeper, WhoScored rated him second on this team after Messi and third in the league after Messi and CR - Not that WhoScored is gospel and they tend to rate forwards who have possession of the ball higher, but it's good for comparative purposes and Suarez had better statistics than messiah Greizmann.

Let's not overlook the fact that Suárez has scored a grand total of 4 UCL-goals in 20 games for the past 2 seasons and is one of the main reasons why we haven't done well in the conpetition recently.

Home of Barca Fans