Luis Suárez

ronniecro

exactly what i wanted to say,only good things he did was dragging two leganes players for dembele's goal and scoring his,everything else was dreadful

soul24rage

His ability to create space vertically for those cutbacks are highly underrated or not seen by some. That's how Alba always make that pass to Messi who exploits the space that Suarez creates.

Havesaks

Suarez had a typical "Suarez game" today. Scoring a goal, fighting, but otherwise he is just simply the crab of almost every attack accomplishment and almost all his attempt proved an abortion.

The truth is that because he is a very very skilled and talented footballer, he may still have his goals and moments, but his body is no longer able to follow the solvable situations on the pitch.
He is still great in STATIC situations or when he doesn't need to play the ball while moving, running, but his body's own INERTIA no longer makes it possible for him to participate in speedy actions.

A pity to see his inevitable decline, even if he scores zillion nice goals this year and the next, because he either has a rather serious weight problem or just reached the state when his body is no longer able to accomplish what he wants to do...

This is such a bullshit post.

Suarez is still a top 5 stiker in the world maybe top 3. He has been ridiculous good for us and he still is. Scoring goals is his number one job and he assists as well, fights a lot, always gives is 100 per cent, does the spectacular regulary - what do you want you ungrateful brat. How can our fans be so spoiled?

There ære maybe 1 or 2 max 3 strikers out there who may be bettwr, but we don't know shit about IF they even could adapt to Barca. Meanwhile we have Suarez an all time great Barca striker who scores for fun, gets chances, always gives his all and everything and ungrateful little crybabies still aren't satsified unless he plays messi-level football every time. Man the internet can be a frustrating place to chill at times.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
He's struggling doing the basics and breaking down multiple attacks for fucks sake, against better sides those missed chances/broken plays can cost us massively. On his day He's still one of the best strikers around however he's been having too many shitty performances.
If he wasn't in a team as dominant as Barcelona this Suarez would be no where near the numbers he's getting.

Arizona Scott

This is such a bullshit post.

Suarez is still a top 5 stiker in the world maybe top 3. He has been ridiculous good for us and he still is. Scoring goals is his number one job and he assists as well, fights a lot, always gives is 100 per cent, does the spectacular regulary - what do you want you ungrateful brat. How can our fans be so spoiled?

There ære maybe 1 or 2 max 3 strikers out there who may be bettwr, but we don't know shit about IF they even could adapt to Barca. Meanwhile we have Suarez an all time great Barca striker who scores for fun, gets chances, always gives his all and everything and ungrateful little crybabies still aren't satsified unless he plays messi-level football every time. Man the internet can be a frustrating place to chill at times.

Yes of course your are right. People should watch strikers who play outside of Ligue 1, it is darn hard.

I personally think Salah is the central forward (he increasing plays there). But Suarez is top 5 for sure, still a world class player and Barca would suffer terribly without him.

Havesaks

It's just a humble observation, besides hoping facts to prove the assumption to be wrong.

That is a wonderfully expressed truth in your otherwise slightly aggressive and simplified thoughts...

Maybe my posts was slightly aggressive - sorry about that. Re-read your post and it wasn't as bad as i first read it. And I also recall your username I think, and iirc I have enjoyed some of your posts in the past.

The thing is I personally rate Suarez a lot. For his winner mentality, for his effort to always give it is all and last but not least for his quality. The last two years I have seen countless of posts on this board shitting all over him even though he still has been class and our second best player imo.
Edit: but that hasn't to do with you but I did at first put your post in the same category.

His goals and assists speak for themselves. And that's what he primary should be rated on. There are like 3-4 players who have better statistics then him. Besides that people critize his all around game. But well he fights and runs crazy and brings a lot of physic that is pretty vital for us. His chemistry with Messi is first class. He does look clumsy at times, but it is all our nothing with him - it works or it doesnt, but when it does it gets dangerous. He still makes world class passes and runs. It just looks chaotic and clumay but that has always been the case with him. Even in Liverpool and ajax. His 2-3 first years were just out of the world, man he was the only one keeping up with Ronaldo and messi.

I do agree that his physic has slowly regressed, but it a far cry from what people make it sound like. He had knee problems but has slowly but steadily improved since then. His interplay with the other players is highly underrated. And I just don't think it's true that "otherwise he is just simply the crab of almost every attack accomplishment and almost all his attempt proved an abortion." There was a time with his knee problems were this may have been a fitting description, but he does interact really well with the other players lately. And he isn't as static as you make him sound like. He makes some great runs to free up soacd and some first class passes even Messi would be proud of.

Sorry it's late and I'm ony mobile phone, so I can maybe be more specific tmrw. For now tho I wanna say I'm sorry for my outburst, it wasn't rifht.

Night!

Last edited:

Potroh

The thing is I personally rate Suarez a lot. For his winner mentality, for his effort to always give it is all and last but not least for his quality. The last two years I have seen countless of posts on this board shitting all over him even though he still has been class and our second best player imo.

Suarez has been one of my true and outstanding favorites for many years.
We won't argue about his skills, his winning and fighting mentality, his goals and the rest. He is great when it comes to scoring goals and you are right because goals are the essence of the game.
His assists are also great, nobody could seriously deny these merits.

At the same time, alas, you misunderstood my words. I didn't say he was static, but I tried to mention that in static situations his skills still represent world-class.
But when it comes to handling the simplest balls, doing runs WITH the ball, dribbling attempt, etc., so when he needs to MOVE, lately he is so clumsy and sluggish that I suppose it pulls the attention even those who understand little.

I wish it weren't the case, I wish I could only say nice words on him, because - I repeat - I do admire him a lot, but as far as FLUENT play and simple play goes, alas, he often becomes an obstacle. Of course his still existing number of goals compensate for that.
The Copa game earlier last week was a good example of this, when Messi, Coutinho and Dembele played together and at least the number of CHANCES having been created clearly shown this.
When he came on, relatively late, the flow instantly suffered, regardless the actual result.

I hope I weren't right while thinking about his decline, I also hope that perhaps his weight problems or knee problem also has a part in his strange movements.
Let's hope for the best... He is truly a legend and he is inevitably among the first few WC goalscorers. Nevertheless he started showing the symptoms I dared mentioning, which are a bit frightening...

D10S_JC

CF is the most gruelling position in the pitch. Of course he's decling and apparently his knee problem drags him a bit but he's still the best striker when he's fresh. What the coach need to do is to reserve him for the big game. Not to repeat the mistake we made last year.

Serbian

Go back to /r/barca, will get some upvotes with arguments like this

Sure Suarez finishing was unreal at Liverpool, but I still think Kane edges him, I just don't think people understand how much of a sniper he is, both feet are cannons, unreal power even from standing position, generates power from nowhere, scores from most uncomfortable positions, bends it around defenders, good decision making when needs to pull the trigger, I watch all Spurs games and I wouldn't even be shocked if Madrid give 350m for him. Now to actually argue if Suarez is better than him right now is just laughable.

Donkey Kane compared to Suarez? Il take a 40 year old Suarez over a prime kane. Kane slowest player ever tap in king and penalty taker, good with headers...Suarez age 32 takes a shit on him, and a prime Suarez takes a shit and a facial on kane. I hope Real Madrid gets him to prove how overrated he is

PhilS

He was lagging behind the play near the end of the last game, must be because of that knee. He always hustles so much, for him to miss plays, he must be hurting bad. Boatang might play a fair amount.

If Suarez goes down, the attack is likely to suffer a lot.

Home of Barca Fans