Luis Suárez

RMU ReBorn

Are you pleased with Coutinho's transfer?

At the moment he looks fine and might fix our midfield miserys . Anyway i am not overrating him the way Barca fans are overrating Griezmann . I know where its heading . You are gonna ask me whether Coutinho is a choker not , isn't it ? . Coutinho played for Liverpool under Brendon Rodgers and Ag7 played for Atleti under Simeonne whom i rate as the best manager in the world . Under Klopp he managed to play only one and half seasons . Klopp was kinda building a team last season . He would have been playing in CL final had the transfer delayed . I would pass my judgment on him after next season only unlike AG7 fanboys who are drooling over him slashing and slaughtering Suarez despite scoring nearly 30 goals this season . I would be amazed if Griezmann scores more than 20 next season with us

Devils

Everything till this was fine . Rest going around the circle again . Atelti won the title in 2014 competing with Ancelotti's Madrid that won the cl same season . If they can do that , Why couldn't they replicate that at least for one season with Griezmann as star striker . Think

Are you actually implying that Atletico's failure to overcome a historic MSN Barca side and Zidane's CL repeat winning Madrid side in domestic and european competitions, comes down to Griezmann as their striker?

Reaching.

Joan

At the moment he looks fine and might fix our midfield miserys .
Fine.
Anyway i am not overrating him the way Barca fans are overrating Griezmann .
Why do you think Barca fans overrate Griezmann? It's the opinion most of the world holds.
I know where its heading . You are gonna ask me whether Coutinho is a choker not , isn't it ?
No. I wanted to ask you whether you think that he's not good enough since he hasn't won dog shit in his career.
Coutinho played for Liverpool under Brendon Rodgers and Ag7 played for Atleti under Simeonne whom i rate as the best manager in the world . Under Klopp he managed to play only one and half seasons . Klopp was kinda building a team last season .
It's not only about winning. They reached CL final with him as their main man. That's a success.
I would pass my judgment on him after next season only unlike AG7 fanboys who are drooling over him slashing and slaughtering Suarez despite scoring nearly 30 goals this season . I would be amazed if Griezmann scores more than 20 next season with us
Not a fanboy of his, but - Suarez is getting old and we'll (sooner or later) need a replacement.

Joan

Suarez's prime is a level that very few strikers reach.

That said, he is past it and it's smart for Barca to get a new striker even if that player cannot reach the levels of prime Saurez but would be an upgrade over the current version.

I agree with this.

Devils

The funny thing is, no one is really even overrating Griezmann. :lol:

I don't think anyone would openly admit that he'd be an upgrade over a prime Suarez. People are asking for him to replace current Suarez who, despite scoring goals has lost a lot of his pace, dribbling, finishing abilities and contributes to overall play much less than before.

Suarez will be 32 next year, it's a season defining bet to think that he would improve when in reality everything points to him declining even further.

Last edited:

Devils

I could have sworn the majority of Suarez's prime years were he became widely acknowledged as the best striker in the world were also played under deluded Rodgers. :thinking:

El Flaco

I could have sworn the majority of Suarez's prime years were he became widely acknowledged as the best striker in the world were also played under deluded Rodgers. :thinking:

[tw]603346142076612608[/tw]

"When Brendan was appointed, I was excited. I'd actually spoken to him when he was at Swansea in Spanish, which I thought was a good touch," Suarez said. "He was familiar with the Spanish way of playing, as he'd studied there.

"He was very clever and told me that Liverpool would play possession football, as it would suit me. He helped me with my runs, arriving in the area at the right time and coming in from wide -- rather than just waiting in the middle -- which benefited my confidence.

"We worked hard on finding ways I could isolate players and then try to beat them, man on man. That was the only way I could succeed in England. [...] If you punt a long ball up towards me and one of these [Premier League] defenders, I am not going to win it.

"But the way Liverpool played, with the ball on the floor, and being released very fast to my feet, gave me a chance against the big guys. [...] I wasn't proven and I had to adapt to the Premier League, which Brendan knew. He knows all about English football and he educated me to become successful."

Joan

These players were never the same under different manager with the exception of RVP . I hope you understand the importance of a proper manager to guide a player . Coutinho didn't had that till Klopp and Tite came along
I was checking the stats few weeks ago and he was involved in 50% of their goals. They are a defensive team so the attacker is never a main man, but they are massively dependent on him.

A propos that last statement, how do you explain then that he looks good under Deschamps?

e: of course, the manager is important, BUT, are you saying that Griezmann looks good because of Simeone?

Last edited:

Devils

That's what i explained to you

Prime suarez vs 20 year old coutinho . Suarez's performance shouldn't be a benchmark to judge Coutinho at 20 .

Wasn't judging Coutinho's performances at all, it was bringing into light that the large portion of prime Suarez was observed under a deluded manager incapable of winning anything. :lol:

jj_101

Griezmann's level and impact if he joined Barcelona would be the same as Alexis Sanchez. That's the level of player that he is.

Actually, Sanchez has won trophies playing for Chile and Arsenal, so you could easily say he is a level above.

Atletico have regressed with Griezmann, and you can blame whatever you want, but if it was Barca you would be blaming Griezmann.

Last edited:

Givenchy

Griezmann's level and impact if he joined Barcelona would be the same as Alexis Sanchez. That's the level of player that he is.

Actually, Sanchez has won trophies playing for Chile and Arsenal, so you could easily say he is a level above.

Atletico have regressed with Griezmann, and you can blame whatever you want, but if it was Barca you would be blaming Griezmann.

Alexis Sanchez, the guy who was at Arsenal? a level above Griezmann? :rofl1:

try a level BELOW Griezmann

Home of Barca Fans