Luis Suárez

serghei

These days he's just a guy who can score some goals if he receives good service in the box. Everything else leaves a lot to be desired. 80% of the passes he makes have at least one deficiency in terms of either power calibration, precision, type of the pass, direction. Sometimes his passes have more faults at once in the sense that they're both badly hit and poorly placed, which at this level it's already a rarity. For a guy who's supposed to be a world class player it's too much to accept.

Griezmann could score as often as he does and be much better all around.

Last edited:

dakt

Well, incoming another season with him in offence, hope he manages at least one goal in the CL....that would be really, really nice.

xXKonan

What made him so special wasn't just his finishing but his determination on the field was just unreal. He tore the EPL apart and when he came here he was special indeed.

He was never perfect on a technical scale but like I said above he made up for it in sheer determination. He's getting older but I think he's currently the most responsible for declining as much as he has other than just age.

He lost that Determination he once had and let other areas of his game decay even more. It's the sign of a player who is so comfortable at the club that no manager has the cajones to tell him to pick up his game or be benched.

Look at him on the field these days he comes off as a guy who is entitled to the ball and yells at the likes of Dembele for not giving him the ball even though it's obvious Suarez would fuck up the play. What a shame considering how much of a monster this guy was.

Nothanks

I never understood why fans here hate his yelling at other players

he does it to himself all the time when he messes up, no teammate has ever complained if anything all his teammates just have good things to say about him
but the fans.. speak as if he offended the team and messes up team chemistry

Barca83

Banned
I never understood why fans here hate his yelling at other players

he does it to himself all the time when he messes up, no teammate has ever complained if anything all his teammates just have good things to say about him
but the fans.. speak as if he offended the team and messes up team chemistry

Well it's not smart for a young player like Dembele to come out in the press having a go at Suarez. If Ronaldo did the same, I'm sure all of us would be having a go at him for it

clemente

Why does he take free kicks, there is an actually dangerous free kick taker Coutinho but he thinks he is better finisher than him.

Vilarrubi

Pretty sure he won’t go.. but maybe benching him and having Griezmann as competition could help.

Griezmann transfer is essential.

Sorin

Short memories

Suarez has been great for us in the first 2 seasons, but he has 2 years now where his form is up and down, mostly down. He's the main striker in our team and he has scored only 4 goals these 2 past years in CL. That's unbelievably poor for a supposed world class striker. If his other contributions would be the same as in his prime, you could almost excuse his poor return in terms of goals. Almost!

Our team is overall not that great, ok, but this guy is the second biggest earner in our team with almost 20 million a year. He's treated as a superstar when he's far from that. Some accountability is necessary. You see, when teams win big and play fantastic, they are the first to be praised and glorified. It's only natural that the opposite happens when the team underperforms. And in his case it's totally justified. If we'd keep all the declined players that have been great for us we'd still have the likes of Xavi, Villa, Eto'o, and Puyol starting. Same with other teams. Real let Raul, Casillas go when the time came even if they were even bigger legends for them than Suarez' for us. Just this weekend 3 legends have parted ways with their clubs: Iniesta, Torres and Buffon. There comes a time when you need to move on. For me, Suarez' is in that category.

Home of Barca Fans