Luis Suárez

Devils

His injury is apparently very similar to the one Puyol had that basically forced him to eventually retire.

Suarez is finished. Time to move on.

Marshall D Teach

Suarez is a fantastic striker, one of the best all time. STOP.
No doubt about it.

I don't know anyone who thinks differently.
Only in this forum I read criticism about him.

Anyway I don't like his stupid protests in every match against referees.

Literally no one doubts Suarez's career or past accomplishments. The criticism is about his current self. He's way past his prime.

Co0ter

So did Suarez. And has better stats for assists and goals than Eto'o, at every team he played.
Not taking away anything from Eto'o, but after he went to Inter he was not the same. Scored some goals but mainly in weak leagues. Suarez at 33 is still killing it.

The only thing Suarez has been killing the last 2.5 seasons are 90% of the attacks hes involved in.

Co0ter

It wasnt legendary because he won nothing. One of the reasons for that was his form and goals dried up in the last part of the season. He also missed the first 5 games after biting someone.

You act as if a season or performance cant be forever memorable because there was no title won? That's both a sad and unreasonable way of looking at football.

Andrew M

I would also take Eto'o over Suarez.

I still think trading him for Zlatan was one of the dumbest moves in Barca history.

Sure, Suarez is consistent in the league but in the CL he has been so bad the last few years that it's embarrassing

fergus90

Suarez goal ratio is of course greater than Eto'o but Eto'o played in a time where 25 goals a season in the league was the benchmark. Messi and Ronaldo have of course elevated this to a different level in the "big leagues". So much so that every top team pretty much has a 30 goal season player.

What's more, players are regularly hitting 10+ goals in European competition these days too, back when Eto'o was playing 9 would have you UCL top scorer for the whole competition, in fact Kaka won it a particular season with 8.This was at a time with Henry,Torres,Raul,Drogba etc too and it was only really when Messi reached G.O.A.T levels in 2010/11 did these statistics come into play.

The vast majority of the top clubs strikers now can bag close to that by the RO16 in the last couple seasons.

Eto'o in his final season could of had 40 if he put some more of the chances away he had and of course was shipped for the remainder of the Guardiola years. The football we were playing and the chances being created, he could of had again 30+ for at least a couple more seasons, but his sale meant he missed that.

Of course this all hypothetical but the move to Russia turned him into a semi-retired player bar the season at Chelsea where even then he barely played away games. I absolutely love Suarez too but I guess in my opinion prime Eto'o would've managed Suarez's statistics with a prime Messi too. What a privilege to of had both at Barca!

Last edited:

Nazario1985

The guy is past his prime and a replacement is sure underway.

People talking shit about his career and comparing him to Eto'o by saying "he played in an Era when 25 goals was the norme" is a little bit dump.

Suarez proved himself in EVERY team he played for including NT !! with different players and always at highest level.

Sneaked la Ligua top scorer with Messi & Ronaldo !!!

The only pure number 9 who played for FCB with had more talent is Ronaldo 9 in my POV but with less impact overall as he didn't stay.

Total-Football

Etoo scored 37 goals in his last season with inter at 31. Tallying fat ronaldo 's record in Italy in one season. What the fuck am I even reading now?.. Etoo chose to quit big clubs for money, he went to Russia for money, in no way shape or form would etoo be slowing down after that magnificent season in inter 2010 2011. And no way he would look flabby and sick in his thirties like Suarez.

Messigician

Etoo scored 37 goals in his last season with inter at 31. Tallying fat ronaldo 's record in Italy in one season. What the fuck am I even reading now?.. Etoo chose to quit big clubs for money, he went to Russia for money, in no way shape or form would etoo be slowing down after that magnificent season in inter 2010 2011. And no way he would look flabby and sick in his thirties like Suarez.

Not exactly

In 67 appearances he scored 33 goals. Which is good but not great in a weak league.

kattanib

I remember him saying somewhere that the reason he follows the money is because he helps a lot of young kids and with more money he can help even more kids

Total-Football

Not exactly

In 67 appearances he scored 33 goals. Which is good but not great in a weak league.

I don't know what are u talking about.. Straight outta wikipedia:

On 29 May, Eto'o scored two goals in the final of the Coppa Italia against Palermo to help Inter win 3–1 and taking his total season goals to 37, a new record high for him

Also for the two seasons with inter he scored 53 goals.

Home of Barca Fans