Luis Suárez

Sailor Mars

Lol, calm down. Suarez is great but not that great. In the last 30 years, R9, Eto'o, and Romario played striker for us. Eto'o on similar level, and both Romario and R9 are clearly superior to Suarez.

Ronaldo and Romario didn't play for the club long enough. And Suarez has better stats than Eto'o for Barca. The only thing Etoo has on Suarez is 2 CLs compared to 1.

serghei

The only thing Etoo has on Suarez is 2 CLs compared to 1.

2CLs Eto'o was vital in winning. So yeah, that's very important and a big reason why I rank Eto'o higher personally in terms of influence. If Suarez finds the resources to win another CL I'd rank him higher than Samu.

LABarcaFan

Lol, calm down. Suarez is great but not that great. In the last 30 years, R9, Eto'o, and Romario played striker for us. Eto'o on similar level, and both Romario and R9 are clearly superior to Suarez.

Well. That is your opinion. Suarez in his best days was a lot better goleador than Eto'o and Romario. But, that is my opinion. You don't need to share it.

stk93

Well. That is your opinion. Suarez in his best days was a lot better goleador than Eto'o and Romario. But, that is my opinion. You don't need to share it.

sorry but you’re wrong about romario.. one of the most clinical striker in history. suarez >> eto’o

henias

2CLs Eto'o was vital in winning. So yeah, that's very important and a big reason why I rank Eto'o higher personally in terms of influence. If Suarez finds the resources to win another CL I'd rank him higher than Samu.

Etoo is never better than Suarez, period. No offence but how shallow is it to rate someone based on number of CLs. If that's the case, anybody with more CLs will automatically be better than any other players. Suarez has more attacking output than any other and considered one of the best strikers of the generation. Prime Suarez beats any strikers hands down. His single season with Liverpool alone is a ballon d or material. Here's the thing with Barca fans. Just because he didn't win us another CL doesnt mean he's shit. It is always a team effort and the team genuinely has issues after Dani Alves' departure and midfield woes. MSN as a whole didnt perform as well, not just Suarez. That doesnt indicate they are not doing their part, it's just that when the team struggles, everyone does. Suarez and Neymar were still carrying the game when Messi was out. These two are a joy to watch for any fans. The reason why MSN is one of the best trio out there.

The hate on Suarez is just mind boggling. I get the guy may be on a decline but to put him down again and again by every means is ridiculous. Same goes to the people who constantly criticise Messi when he is the only man keeping this Barca side alive.

I dont wanna compare Suarez with Romario, R9 or Eto'o. Teams change, game evolves, many modern teams learn how to counter Barca and you cant be sure who is better than the other. But in terms of numbers Suarez is the best out there and visually his goals are everything a man wants to do to score, from flair to finesse to power to precision. Mad clinical. That alone puts him on top of others because he doesnt solely depend on pace to find the back of the net.

Last edited:

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
It's called an opinion.
R9 was way better then suarez for me, he was absolutely lethal,he just didn't play here long enough. Suarez also only gave us 2 years of his peak form and has been gradually regressing ever since. He's now at a point where I believe hes a hindrance to the team and the only reason people think he is critical and not a problem is because he's literally our only sticker due to the incompetence of the board.

henias

It's called an opinion.
R9 was way better then suarez for me, he was absolutely lethal,he just didn't play here long enough. Suarez also only gave us 2 years of his peak form and has been gradually regressing ever since. He's now at a point where I believe hes a hindrance to the team and the only reason people think he is critical and not a problem is because he's literally our only sticker due to the incompetence of the board.

I don't disagree with that. I just disagree with the reason that Eto'o "won" us 2 CLs and not Suarez, therefore he is better. MSN wasn't rested very much and fatigue caught up with them, on a good day, Suarez can deliver as well. Even Valverde played Suarez every match. Individually, Suarez was prolly better than Eto'o. I remember Messi not playing well in the CL due to the team and possibly fatigue as well. The moment he was rested he was wreaking havoc again. Again, I'm not sure if this is even about how long can a player maintain their peak form or how high the peak is compared to other players. Right back at you, if it wasnt for the incompetence of the board and I think if MSN was well maintained and not wasted on all fronts of competitions we could have another CL. I mean, look at the signings made under Enrique. There was absolutely no depth in the squad.

jamrock

Opinions aren't opinions if they are wrong lol

Stop this mess about saurez over eto'o I pity the fools who think this way, I pity the fools who didn't watch eto'o.

I pity the fools
I pity the fools

Mr big shot himself Samuel eto'o > saurez, saurez has just be here longer & benefited from playing with God mode Messi

Respekt_III

Anti-everything

Stop this mess about saurez over eto'o I pity the fools who think this way, I pity the fools who didn't watch eto'o.

I pity the fools
I pity the fools

Mr big shot himself Samuel eto'o > saurez, saurez has just be here longer & benefited from playing with God mode Messi

That's true but football has a lot of subjectivity to it in,opinions can be wrong if they're clearly going against factual evidence which is unlikely in this particular topic due to the nature of the topic itself.

Ritchie

Ronaldo and Romario didn't play for the club long enough. And Suarez has better stats than Eto'o for Barca. The only thing Etoo has on Suarez is 2 CLs compared to 1.

Suarez was good because he was playing alongside Messi and Neymar. Eto'o would have got 60 a season.

Batistuta9

I think suarez is slightly better than eto'o. You have to take into account that suarez arrived at 27 and eto'o arrived at 23. Eto'o also left whilst in his prime so we only remember him being good. I'm sure eto'o was at Everton when he was 33 and was definitely worse than suarez at 33. Imho suarez was even better at Liverpool than his prime for us.

LABarcaFan

I pity the fools
I pity the fools

You are making yourself look foolish by repeating this non senses. Here are some official statistics for you. Read them carefully and don't be that much sarcastic.

ALL-TIME TOP SCORERS IN BARCA HISTORY

1. Leo Messi ( Argentina ) - 626 goals

2. Cesar ( Spain ) - 232 goals

3. Lazlo Kubala (Hungary) - 194 goals

4. Luis Suarez ( Uruguay ) - 191 goals

8. Samuel Eto'o ( Cameroon ) - 130 goals

S. ETO'O stats for Barcelona

2004-05 season 45 matches - 29 goals
2005-06 .......... 47 ........... - 34 ..........
2006-07 .......... 27 ........... - 13 ..........
2007-08 ......... 28 ........... - 18 ..........
2008-09 season 52 matches - 36 goals

Total: 199 matches - 130 goals

LUIS SUAREZ stats for Barcelona:

2014-15 season 43 matches - 25 goals
2015-16 ......... 53 ........... - 59 ........
2016-17 ......... 51 ........... - 37 ........
2017-18 ......... 51 ........... - 31 ........
2018-19 ......... 49 ........... - 25 ........
2019-20 season 23 matches - 14 goals

Total: 270 matches - 191 goals

Eto'o retired at age of 38. He has played for many lower level teams and championships.
Suarez has played in Europe for Ajax, Liverpool and Barcelona

Last edited:

aragorn

You are making yourself look foolish by repeating this non senses. Here are some official statistics for you. Read them carefully and don't be that much sarcastic.

ALL-TIME TOP SCORERS IN BARCA HISTORY

1. Leo Messi ( Argentina ) - 626 goals

2. Cesar ( Spain ) - 232 goals

3. Lazlo Kubala (Hungary) - 194 goals

4. Luis Suarez ( Uruguay ) - 191 goals

8. Samuel Eto'o ( Cameroon ) - 130 goals

S. ETO'O stats for Barcelona

2004-05 season 45 matches - 29 goals
2005-06 .......... 47 ........... - 34 ..........
2006-07 .......... 27 ........... - 13 ..........
2007-08 ......... 28 ........... - 18 ..........
2008-09 season 52 matches - 36 goals

Total: 199 matches - 130 goals

LUIS SUAREZ stats for Barcelona:

2014-15 season 43 matches - 25 goals
2015-16 ......... 53 ........... - 59 ........
2016-17 ......... 51 ........... - 37 ........
2017-18 ......... 51 ........... - 31 ........
2018-19 ......... 49 ........... - 25 ........
2019-20 season 23 matches - 14 goals

Total: 270 matches - 191 goals

Eto'o retired at age of 38. He has played for many lower level teams and championships.
Suarez has played in Europe for Ajax, Liverpool and Barcelona
haha

Putting it this way only makes the argument appear even more favorble for Eto'o! Eto'o's
conversion rate, goals/appearance was 65% to Suarez's 70% - now, considering Suarez played with the GOAT at his prime, in an era where the goal scoring number in general has increased and in particular Barcelona's, having played for a Barcelona team that won 4 of the leagues out of 5 he was part of, compared to Eto'o's 3 - Suarez's contribution looks pale compared to Eto'o! Not to mention Sami never had draught spells like not scoring an away goal for 3 seasons unlike the fatass :facepalm:

Home of Barca Fans