Luis Suárez

messi2140

6racies Xavi
He played whenever asked with a bum knee. If you looked at him in both Liverpool matches (as if the 1st goal in the tie is forgotten by everyone around here as well as the 25 last year that puts him in elite company)--I don't see how one could surmise he wasn't putting all he could in winning the tie nor wasn't devastated in the outcome.

Suarez decides when he wants to play. Or did you forget already when Suarez asked for Valverde to sub him off after he played for 5 more minutes ?

Last edited:

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
He played whenever asked with a bum knee. If you looked at him in both Liverpool matches (as if the 1st goal in the tie is forgotten by everyone around here as well as the 25 last year that puts him in elite company)--I don't see how one could surmise he wasn't putting all he could in winning the tie nor wasn't devastated in the outcome.

He wasn't asked, he elected to play even though he wasn't fit/good enough. He has 1 CL goal 18/19 and 1 CL goal 17/18 elite lol.
Most missed clear chances by pretty much double any other striker, if he didnt have messi feeding him he'd be on a 1/2 of those goals.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/kzpH4bs" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/kzpH4bs"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:

Arizona Scott

Managers make team sheets, not players.

Been one of the world top scorers since he has been at Barca and not what he once was but still scored 25.

CL is just one competition and much more informative and statistically valid to look at all matches. FYI objective metrics (that consider all available stats including assists and chances created and many others) have him the (distant to Messi) 2nd best player for Barca in La Liga and CL, and he has been consistently #2 since Neymar left. But I know many of you guys don't believe it since it doesn't fit all the scapegoats and players liked/disliked.

Arizona Scott

He wasn't asked, he elected to play even though he wasn't fit/good enough. He has 1 CL goal 18/19 and 1 CL goal 17/18 elite lol.
Most missed clear chances by pretty much double any other striker, if he didnt have messi feeding him he'd be on a 1/2 of those goals.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/kzpH4bs" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/kzpH4bs"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

yes the guy couldn't score in club football before Messi nor on a conservatively set up national squad that also doesn't have Messi.

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
Managers make team sheets, not players.

Been one of the world top scorers since he has been at Barca and not what he once was but still scored 25.

CL is just one competition and much more informative and statistically valid to look at all matches. FYI objective metrics (that consider all available stats including assists and chances created and many others) have him the (distant to Messi) 2nd best player for Barca in La Liga and CL, and he has been consistently #2 since Neymar left. But I know many of you guys don't believe it since it doesn't fit all the scapegoats and players liked/disliked.

Stats stats stats such a fucking cancer. I can see with my two eyes how bad he's been for us, breaking up good movements, his atrocious touch and lack of movement etc etc. Scoring a couple of goals because he's fed consistently by Messi doesn't change that the fact that he's been a liability for us especially in the big matches.
I swear man do you guys even watch the game or do you fucking go to whoscored etc and climax to those awesome stats after the game? He's unfortunately one of the focal points of the team and he's been trash for the last 2 years and you want to make it look like he's doing well? 90% of the time he's trash and that's not acceptable here especially considering he havsn't even been clutch in the big games.

next thing ill hear is Coutinho has been statistically good for us as well. fucks sake. Another trucking useless cunt.

We all fucking know that's not shit works here at Barca, Suarez determines when he fucking plays, it was basically indirectly confirmed by Valverdes and Suarez comments.

yes the guy couldn't score in club football before Messi nor on a conservatively set up national squad that also doesn't have Messi.

because i said he couldn't score? Learn to read will you, i said he'd have half his goals so your response means fuck all really.

Arizona Scott

You brought up isolated "recent CL goals" and making a meal of "chances missed". If your going to use stats, use them all, and with lots of games. That what I did in response.

Suarez is not one of the biggest issues with the club, not even close. Fact is we have been too dependent on him, he is 2nd most important to Messi. We havn't had alternatives that are within 2 levels as good as him--that is and has been a problem for the club.

SG-7

How can anyone defend a striker that has 2 champions league goal in the last 3 years?!?!?? And then makes excuses for being injured and keeps playing when there's players on the bench all capable of doing a good job. Fuck sake take a few months off to train and get yourself back to a good condition so that shit like Liverpool wont happen.

All well and good for what he achieved in 2015 and prior, but if you wanna keep living in the past, then dont expect any trophies in the future. This club is in the business of winning trophies...and as of right now Saurez plays a pivotal part that fucks the club from doing so.

Last edited:

Arizona Scott

How can anyone defend a striker that has 2 champions league goal in the last 3 years?!?!?? And then makes excuses for being injured and keeps playing when there's players on the bench all capable of doing a good job. Fuck sake take a few months off to train and get yourself back to a good condition so that shit like Liverpool wont happen.

All well and good for what he achieved in 2015 and prior, but if you wanna keep living in the past, then dont expect any trophies in the future. This club is in the business of winning trophies...and as of right now Saurez plays a pivotal part that fucks the club from doing so.

It is quite sloppy thinking (cherry picking) to just focus on one tournament and set up the time frame as three years, vs 4 or 5 or 6. How many guys have over 90 goals in his last three years like he has? He has undoubtably been our 2nd most productive player since Neymar left. Maybe that could change with AG here--why it is so important to get another top forward into the team and ideally one who at least can rotate as CF once in a while.

SG-7

It is quite sloppy thinking (cherry picking) to just focus on one tournament and set up the time frame as three years, vs 4 or 5 or 6. How many guys have over 90 goals in his last three years like he has? He has undoubtably been our 2nd most productive player since Neymar left. Maybe that could change with AG here--why it is so important to get another top forward into the team and ideally one who at least can rotate as CF once in a while.

to be fair we are cherry picking that one tournament because its the one we can't get. You always want most the one that keeps slipping through your fingers. And time frame being last 3 years is because its since then that he has declined. I do agree that we need to get a proper replacement for him if he still stays. At least then he wont be 1st choice anymore and it'll give him some competition.

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
You brought up isolated "recent CL goals" and making a meal of "chances missed". If your going to use stats, use them all, and with lots of games. That what I did in response.

Suarez is not one of the biggest issues with the club, not even close. Fact is we have been too dependent on him, he is 2nd most important to Messi. We havn't had alternatives that are within 2 levels as good as him--that is and has been a problem for the club.

I isolated the CL because that's where we tend to play generally better opponents where chances are harder to come by, its where we need the experienced/star players to pull us through the ties. The mid table teams that Suarez tends to score against we can be beat with or without him, Messi is the key to beating them not him. You say hes been our 2nd best player based on selected misleading statistics but don't respond to the issue surrounding our overall play with him on the field, typical stat whore.

Last edited:

BigBarcaBoy

I isolated the CL because that's where we tend to play generally better opponents where chances are harder to come by, its where we need the experienced/star players to pull us through the ties. The mid table teams that Suarez tends to score against we can be beat with or without him, Messi is the key to beating them not him. You say hes been our 2nd best player based on selected misleading statistics but don't respond to the issue surrounding our overall play with him on the field, typical stat whore.
Do you count real madrid as mid table ?

abbbs97

He needs to leave. He isnt committed to Barca anymore. If this board had an ounce of intelligence, they'd sell him now while his value is still high and get a younger striker.

Home of Barca Fans