Luis Suárez

Alik

Ahh. So now we are blaming the tactical system after it was clear that injury wasn't an issue.

Which system makes someone forget to make simple passes, control the ball like a 9 year old, makes one forget dribbling and miss easy goal scoring chances on a regular basis?

He has declined. Would love to see him back but I am a realist rather than an optimist.

Cool story man. Back to the Neymar thread, off you go.

Ritchie

In a different system with a good manager he can still be a beast imo.

If we keep playing the same way we are currently and just expect him to adapt, it won't happen.

He can't even do the basics. At least with someone like Ibra you could say he just didn't fit.

If he went back to Liverpool he wouldn't magically be the player he was in 13/14 again, anymore than Torres would be the player he was in 07/08.

Alik

He can't even do the basics. At least with someone like Ibra you could say he just didn't fit.

He's always had matches where it seemed like he would misplace the easiest passes and chances, only to score stunners. He's frustrated and low on confidence.

I wouldn't rush to call him finished. Falcao was also "finished" and now he's back scoring for fun. Cavani also went through seasons off-form.

It's plausible that another manager could get a lot out of Suarez. Valverde could too, but he'd have to change the set up. As it stands he either has to do that or bench Suarez. Suarez isn't regaining form on his own imo.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Good. They have a settled team for the WC so pointless for him to play these games right now.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
[tw]921481894755291136[/tw]

Says Suarez won't precipitate in the friendlies vs Poland and Austria.

Good news for Barca.
Re. people calling him finished... I think he deserved more patience from fans. Many grewt players went through slumps and eventually got back

Albo

He's always had matches where it seemed like he would misplace the easiest passes and chances, only to score stunners. He's frustrated and low on confidence.

I wouldn't rush to call him finished. Falcao was also "finished" and now he's back scoring for fun. Cavani also went through seasons off-form.

It's plausible that another manager could get a lot out of Suarez. Valverde could too, but he'd have to change the set up. As it stands he either has to do that or bench Suarez. Suarez isn't regaining form on his own imo.

Falcao's situation is not comparable to Suarez. Falcao had a really bad injury and he couldn't play like he used to anymore after the injury. It took time from him to revamp his playing style to fit the boundaries his knee set.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Falcao also fucked up his knee even more with that experimental treatment shit to reach the WC. Pushed too hard which hampered his progress for a WC he ended up not playing anyway.

Your knee is basically everything in most sports. You fuck that up and you're finished. Few players manage to return to their level after a torn ACL.

Let's see if Suarez can rediscover some form in the next games.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

I'm getting Rooney vibes. He started playing playmaker because he was useless upfront and Suarez is starting to do the same. He is trying to make plays but it's not his game!!

Basically, he is declining hard or he really needs rest/surgery. this can't continue! We can't have only Messi scoring goals!

Home of Barca Fans