Luis Suárez

serghei

When you don't like the facts just call them fake, LMAO, all the data I cited was a 100% accurate go check it out for yourself if you'd like.

You're logic saying that the Copa was the only title we won last season so it must be important makes zero sense and is a major false equivalence fallacy. So by your same logic if we only won the Supercopa one year and Suarez was poor in every other tournament including the Liga and CL that means he had a good season because he contributed to us winning our only trophy that year?

Get real, the Copa is nice, but it isn't nearly as important of a tournament as the CL or Liga is and doesn't have nearly the same prestige, it's not really all that important. If we win it it's nice, if not nobody's losing sleep over it.

Copa del Rey is important in Spain. All big teams take it seriously. Suarez was pretty good in La Liga. Scored 29 goals and had plenty of assists. Jesus, it's like I'm talking to a brick wall.

JamDav1982

Of course the Copa counts.

Only ever gets discounted on here when it is players that people claim had shit season perform in it.

Happens every season.

Copa del Rey is important in Spain. All big teams take it seriously. Suarez was pretty good in La Liga. Scored 29 goals and had plenty of assists. Jesus, it's like I'm talking to a brick wall.

You cannot use it to justify him having a good season when he was mediocre in La Liga and horrendous in the CL. I already broke down his stats in La Liga and there is not need to even touch upon his CL performances. His biggest highlight in that tournament was diving and winning us a penalty against PSG. Stats without context are meaningless, keep throwing your numbers around like they have any meaning, I already presented my case; he only scored 5 goals/17% of his total in tough matches. You still haven't addressed this stat and you never will, time for you to deflect in another direction like usual.

El Flaco

Unless if we're going for a double or treble, winning only Copa del Rey isn't really something to brag about for a club of Barça's stature IMHO since it doesn't have as much prestige compared to the other major titles like La Liga och Champions League.

serghei

You cannot use it to justify him having a good season when he was mediocre in La Liga and horrendous in the CL. I already broke down his stats in La Liga and there is not need to even touch upon his CL performances. His biggest highlight in that tournament was diving and winning us a penalty against PSG. Stats without context are meaningless, keep throwing your numbers around like they have any meaning, I already presented my case; he only scored 5 goals/17% of his total in tough matches. You still haven't addressed this stat and you never will, time for you to deflect in another direction like usual.

You clearly hate the man. AGAIN, 29 goals (2nd after Messi), and 13 assists (1st in the league) in La Liga. Just because you don't like his style, or choose to only focus on the negatives, doesn't mean the man didn't deliver. He did and the numbers show it.

About the PSG game, you probably forgot the early goal vs PSG in the 3rd minute, that got us going with belief that we can turn it around. Again, cherrypicking whichever part suits you, and leaving out the mighty important parts that don't. No other player in our squad could score that goal. Not Messi, and not Neymar. That was a Suarez type of goal.

Unless if we're going for a double or treble, winning only Copa del Rey isn't really something to brag about for a club of Barça's stature IMHO since it doesn't have as much prestige compared to the other major titles like La Liga och Champions League.

I agree. It becomes very important when the alternative is 0 titles for the season. In the context of last season, it was an important title. Just like in the context of the 2010-11 season, Madrid celebrated their win in the Copa with a tour in the bus.

Every important trophy counts. While not as great as CL or La Liga, Copa del Rey is important in Spain.

Last edited:

Alik

Let it go [MENTION=22413]Ousmane Dembélé[/MENTION].

I agree that Suárez is out of form and has been so for a long while. However, he was still one of our best performers last season. Can't dismiss that.

Meatball

This is laughable, I think you're talking about the knockout stages of the Champions League when you say this. He was pretty quiet in the first two legs against PSG and the 2nd leg at home vs Juventus. So now 3 matches is indicative of a player's performance throughout the season? This team loses Messi and it's done, at this point Suarez getting injured would be a side note, that's how bad he is.

Trash Messi when is under performs for less than a handful of games. but keep coming out of the woodwork to defend Suarez who's been a steaming pile of shit more often than not. Messi is consistently great, Suarez is consistently atrocious.

Don't worry, Messi can't bail this team out every match and there will be times this season where Suarez loses us the game by missing a shit ton of chances. Then after the season is over and we go trophy less due to playing with 10 men you'll realize what everybody has been saying for the past year and finally admit you were wrong. Stats were this guy's saving grace last season, this year he'll score less than 20 goals in total and you apologists will be left speechless.

I've never seen people defend a player after such a long run of not just poor form, but non-La Liga caliber form (more likely decline). Regardless if he is a legend or not, if a player massively under performs for a prolonged period of time they must be replaced to maintain a competitive team, just look at Real Madrid.

I've never been a huge fan of Neymar, but that guy was shit on every single week by people who went looking for flaws in his game to pick apart and analyze. Neymar at his worst last season is still multiple levels above this Suarez, yet received 10x more criticism.

Great post! Summed it up nicely! Buuuuump!

Neymessi

This is laughable, I think you're talking about the knockout stages of the Champions League when you say this. He was pretty quiet in the first two legs against PSG and the 2nd leg at home vs Juventus. So now 3 matches is indicative of a player's performance throughout the season? This team loses Messi and it's done, at this point Suarez getting injured would be a side note, that's how bad he is.

Trash Messi when is under performs for less than a handful of games. but keep coming out of the woodwork to defend Suarez who's been a steaming pile of shit more often than not. Messi is consistently great, Suarez is consistently atrocious.

Don't worry, Messi can't bail this team out every match and there will be times this season where Suarez loses us the game by missing a shit ton of chances. Then after the season is over and we go trophy less due to playing with 10 men you'll realize what everybody has been saying for the past year and finally admit you were wrong. Stats were this guy's saving grace last season, this year he'll score less than 20 goals in total and you apologists will be left speechless.

I've never seen people defend a player after such a long run of not just poor form, but non-La Liga caliber form (more likely decline). Regardless if he is a legend or not, if a player massively under performs for a prolonged period of time they must be replaced to maintain a competitive team, just look at Real Madrid.

I've never been a huge fan of Neymar, but that guy was shit on every single week by people who went looking for flaws in his game to pick apart and analyze. Neymar at his worst last season is still multiple levels above this Suarez, yet received 10x more criticism.

So much this.

Neymar was never this bad. Not even close. In the worst of neymar games you could definitely say that he played shit because of his bad decisions and not because he doesn't know how to play football. He would still cut past defenders like cake in his worst matches. But come to the neymar thread after the match and you will see him being wanted to sold ASAP and how he is the worst barca player. He still had tons of redeeming points with his playmaking skills and you could say that yeah he played bad but the skill was definitely evident.

Suarez brings nothing to the game right now. Nothing. All he has ever done after the treble season is wait for service to score. And now he has forgotten even that. He is as one dimensional of a player as you will ever see. Stats have masked his football abilities for ages now because he knew how to score but he has forgotten even that now.

People only see how crap he is because he has stopped scoring. But people are still trying to defend him when he is much much worse than worst neymar.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Neymar is a better, more versatile footballer and I always voiced that people were unfairly harsh on him.

As for Luisito I'll stand by my man. Suarez to me has always been the same, now he is going through a big dip in form so all his flaws are sticking out like a sore thumb but when has not had that where he fucks up simple passes and makes clumsy touches? Only to make a Godly control and finish a couple of plays later. Even at his worse, I would rather have him on our side than against. He will fuck up your night in an instant regardless of how he plays, he is that type of player. Now, I agree he cannot maintain these sort of poor performances but i think he is aware of that himself, you could see by the way he celebrated his last goal. He will pick up steam again- don't bury the man so soon. In any event, he's the best we got. Don't expect goals from any of the other players we have right now.

Xaviniesta

How are people saying Suarez was our 2nd best performer after Messi? Did any of you watch last season? It was clearly Neymar. Yes he was a ball-hogging cunt who never passed, but he did so much more than Suarez, who was constantly fed assist after assist by Messi.

Neymessi

Suarez will be back for sure, but he will not be back to the treble season suarez or anywhere near that. The only thing he will be back at is scoring. But passes,control,dribbles? He has been terrible at them for like 2 seasons now. Can't seem him back in that department. Anyone thinking suarez will look more like a footballer in his overall gameplay in the coming matches will be dissapointed.

At the end he isn't a massive problem by any means. He is still the best option we got and if he can still score goals if provided service.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
How are people saying Suarez was our 2nd best performer after Messi? Did any of you watch last season? It was clearly Neymar. Yes he was a ball-hogging cunt who never passed, but he did so much more than Suarez, who was constantly fed assist after assist by Messi.

Yeah, that's why he had 20 assists himself last season.

Neymar was clearly nothing. You sound as if comparing Messi and Vermalen and not Suarez and Neymar.

Home of Barca Fans