Luis Suárez

M

MessiCam

He really had some nice touches tonight particularly in the second half. But the problem will always be playing him and Messi centrally. If we’re to gain balance as a team one of them has to sit bench.

Serbian

He really had some nice touches tonight particularly in the second half. But the problem will always be playing him and Messi centrally. If we’re to gain balance as a team one of them has to sit bench.

Valverde needs to wake up. Suarez is getting no service whatsoever. Number 1. You can not play a passive system with no aggression and pressing, while having suarez as a lone striker in a pass around the ball going backwards and circulation. Suarez thrives in a world of chaos strong pressing aggression and direct passes , and through passes. It drives me crazy how many times Suarez off the ball makes a run behind, and no passes come his way unless messi is on point. If valverde wants Suarez to be at his best he has 2 options. Pair him with a 2nd striker such as paco or with messi where he is not allowed to drop too deep, which we know does not bring best out of messi. Or option 2, play a style of aggressive pressing, this allows suarez to be in his world because of his anticipation and instict where more mistakes are made by defenders. IMAGINE the BEAST Suarez replacing fermino for Liverpool in klopps direct passing couter pressing he would be demi god. This system is to slow for Suarez im seriously, give him at least a fighting chance

He played well with what he was given.
Try yourself playing against 10 defenders alone.

Valverdes 4-4-2 hurts Suarez SO much.
With MSN he had 2 players pulling defenders away from him. Now he has noone to help him out.
Messi has dropped even further becouse of our shitty midfield so hes even more isolated.
Trust me, without Suarez we would be much much worse of.

Bingo. Finally a fan with a brain. The problem is not even 4-4-2 at all. Uruguay plays a 442 always the major difference here is that Messi Unlike Cavani doesnt really play a fixed striker with Suarez, Messi is just a striker on paper but drops deep and isolates Suarez. In my opinion Velverde must play Paco alongside suarez , because that gives him more space, and it proved successful with paco and Suarez when actually both play as strikers. Without a second striker the midfield is not creatuve enough to at least send send him through passes or over shoulder. Tonight he had 3 players around him at all times, valverde needs to wake up fast we might get results but we are not dominant at all even against lesser teams, the least he could do for Suarez is force the team to play high line and pressing this will help him

Ripsta

I want him and Rakitic out. Second leg Play Messi false 9, Dembele right, Iniesta left, Drop Rakitic and stick a cardboard cut out of Xavi there.

I want him and Rakitic out. Second leg Play Messi false 9, Dembele right, Iniesta left, Drop Rakitic and stick a cardboard cut out of Xavi there.

Hell no. False 9 requires the wingers to be goalscoring threats.

Remember how well false 9 with Iniesta on the left worked in 2013? You're basically playing with 6 midfielders. No off the ball movement in the box whatsoever.

Better to play Suarez out of position than to play Iniesta on the left if we're going with a false 9.

Home of Barca Fans