Luis Suárez

Messi983

As I've already said some time ago I believe the main problem for Suarez's struggles at start of the season was his knee injury. It's possible that he also dropped some weight but injury was what really bothered him imo. His mobility right now is light years ahead of what it was 3-4 months ago. And after starting to score regularly again his confidence has also improved a lot. Every player, even if he's a proven worldclass player will struggle when he doesn't feel well and totally confident in his own abilities. And for born goalscorers like Suarez that self-confidence is even more important. He got that back now. He'll still miss sitters because he also did that when he was in his absolute best form. And he'll still have poor touches and bad passes because he never had great technique. It's just the player he is and every Barça fan should know that by now and not criticise him every time he'll make a bad pass or miss a goal when he should score.

I agree that he deserved critics for the first 2-3 months of the season and I also thought that Paco deserved more playing time after some good performances he has shown before the injury. But at the same time I always believed that we absolutely need Suarez to get back in form before CL continues if we want to have any chance there. EV thought the same and that's why he continued to play Suarez through his struggles even when most (internet) fans wanted to bench or even sell him. I think benching him at that time wouldn't really help him because (lack of) motivation was not really his problem. He tried and tried but just couldn't do anything useful. Valverde is smart enough to recognize where the problem was so he kept faith in Suarez and looking back now I think he made the right decision.

I'm usually patient but also started to have my doubts about Suarez in early November right before his form started to improve slowly soon after NT break when he didn't travel to South America. I don't know if he did anything special during those two weeks but IIRC the team (players that didn't have NT duties) were off for 3 or 4 days. Maybe he used that time to get his mind completely of football and spend time with his family and that also helped him later to improve mentally. But as said above I think physical improvement was the main factor for him returning to form in last month.

George_Costanza

Trying to accommodate both Suarez and Dembele in this formation:

--------------------MATS
Semedo/Roberto---Pique---Umtiti---Alba
-----Paulinho/Raki----Busquets
---Dembele----Messi------Iniesta/Coutinho
---------------------Suarez

jamrock

People here are very protective of their idols. Here in "real life", employers are much more harsh towards the people that earn about 10.000x less, work for at least 8 hours a day and have to plan and save stuff for their future. Yes, if you earn a lot, if you are paid a ton, you should deal with critics...especially in public space. Suarez was shit for better part of the season and to be honest we still don't have any guarantees it won't happen again. I am also sure he was aware of that. Luckily his confidence is not glass like.

What extra weight? Any proof of that? I don't remember him being chubby. And that's not an excuse really.

I'll go call him and the club up to tell me his weight whje he started training this season as oppose to now. Give me a second.

behindbrowneyes

I'm usually patient but also started to have my doubts about Suarez in early November right before his form started to improve slowly soon after NT break when he didn't travel to South America. I don't know if he did anything special during those two weeks but IIRC the team (players that didn't have NT duties) were off for 3 or 4 days. Maybe he used that time to get his mind completely of football and spend time with his family and that also helped him later to improve mentally. But as said above I think physical improvement was the main factor for him returning to form in last month.

There were two options. Suárez preferred surgery but our doctors and those of the Uruguayan NT didn't see the necessity for it. While some players had some days off Suárez worked hard and had some specific training sessions in the sand like Coutinho last week. Running on sand is a helpful workout for any runner because of how your muscles need to compensate, increasing the strength of your ankles, muscles and arches just below your knee.

461A56C300000578-5058421-The_30_year_old_has_been_bothered_by_the_problem_since_the_begin-a-88_1510063615468.jpg

henias

[MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION] You said that he is suffering frm knee injury and that was his biggest problem then u said that it was his lack of moitivation and he needs to play more to get back in form.

Valverde simply played Suarez and Messi because they are the proven and experienced one, there is no way he will bench him whether or not he is in form or not.

Of course, many people are saying all these now like "wow, I'm a genius and I predicted it, Valverde is a genius as well," just bcos he did get his form back. His rough patch could go on and on for half a year and he still will be up there playing a full 90 mins every game.

I personally think he could have rested somewhere after the Juventus game and before the Valencia match, like u said, reset his mind, recuperate his knee a little, and set a stricter physical regime and diet, more practise and training would have sped up this process a little.

I think he himself got it sorted out somewhere before the Villareal game so credits to him, but I dont think it was due to him being up in the pitch for every game that helped that.

Messi983

[MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION] You said that he is suffering frm knee injury and that was his biggest problem then u said that it was his lack of moitivation and he needs to play more to get back in form.

I've said that motivation was not his problem.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Fat is the wrong word, but he might have been a couple of kgs more than ideal weight. No idea if that was the case though. Either way he's called for a fatass by the team lol.

Neymessi

[youtube]bWIYnuv3d-o&t=928s[/youtube]

Nice interview. The one with neymar was great too.

Can't wait for the one with messi and I have a feeling messi will be more open than usual in it.

Windhook

Suarez mentions Walter Ferreira, his physio/trainer who died of cancer in January 2016. The story is still very much touching, you can see it in both Luis and Pique's eyes.:cry:
Luis+Suarez+Walter+Ferreira+Uruguay+v+England+QtN6xinH0Dsl.jpg

Xaviniesta

[youtube]bWIYnuv3d-o&t=928s[/youtube]

Nice interview. The one with neymar was great too.

Can't wait for the one with messi and I have a feeling messi will be more open than usual in it.

Suarez's vocabulary is pretty good considering he grew up in poverty

Home of Barca Fans