Luis Suárez

JamDav1982

This season has been his 2nd best of his career goalscoring-wise. Added lots of assists too and carried his load.

Some people really expect too much.

Had a better season at Ajax I think and better goals to game in last season at Liverpool but still was one of the better players overall for me.

Not related but think I read it was Aguero best goal scoring season as well. Never would have thought that.

xXKonan

Suarez suffered a hamstring injury and won't be able to play in Uruguay's friendlies vs Ireland and Italy in June.

It's a long summers rest for him since he won't play in the Copa final anyway since he was suspended.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Suarez suffered a hamstring injury and won't be able to play in Uruguay's friendlies vs Ireland and Italy in June.

It's a long summers rest for him since he won't play in the Copa final anyway since he was suspended.

Sad, would be nice to see him play in the final which is our only chance at a trophy this season. Hope he recovers to his usual self with the long rest.

aaron101

Sad, would be nice to see him play in the final which is our only chance at a trophy this season. Hope he recovers to his usual self with the long rest.

He's not supposed to play the Copa del Rey final anyway. Remember he's suspended for getting 2 yellows (red card) against Atletico on our last copa semi-final game.

Think this was his worst season out of three, I hope he can keep structural decline at bay because he's signed on for a loooong time.
Like Neymar he has issues with both finishing and on the ball play.

Icarium

Lifestealer
When he doesn't finish, his performance off the ball is still great but on the ball he becomes below average player. Doesn't contribute at all, only when he is scoring form he plays good. But off the ball form or not he does a lot, but that rendered useless because of ineffective attacks. With messi dropping deep and trying to go through close places, suarez runs and lanes are pretty much useless. Need to fix this ASAP so that he can contribute more even if he doesn't score.

GetIn

Goals don't tell the whole story, he has not been great at all this year. In a perfect world I would prefer if we could replace him, but we have more pressing matters at right back and midfield we have to deal with.

Hopefully he comes back revitalized and hungry (not literally) for next season.

jj_101

When he doesn't finish, his performance off the ball is still great but on the ball he becomes below average player. Doesn't contribute at all, only when he is scoring form he plays good. But off the ball form or not he does a lot, but that rendered useless because of ineffective attacks. With messi dropping deep and trying to go through close places, suarez runs and lanes are pretty much useless. Need to fix this ASAP so that he can contribute more even if he doesn't score.

So what do you have to say about players that didn't lead La Liga in assists this year?

While reducing Suarez to goals and off the ball play is reductive, it's not like he's great at playmaking and the final pass. Suarez, Neymar and Messi all have similar amounts of assists this season, that doesn't say much on its own (partly why i enjoyed mocking the neyassist hype).

Have to admit his G+A is enormous but his all-round play suffered this season.

Giginho75

not best season, too many wrong attempts under the door this year (mostly for a striker like him), surely he's the less able of the three technically...

but i haven't doubts about him, because this is a great striker (at least in the first three/four in the world of the last ten years) and is always better having him in own team than against...

just one thing...too many protest against referees... :)

MaroonFox4

Today the Argentinian media revealed that it was actually Luis Suarez who convinced Messi not to leave Barcelona after he lost the 2016 Copa America final. Apparently no one , not even Messi's father, could convince him. He had decided to leave Barca 100%.

I'd add Barça keeping the best player of all time to Suarez's list of accomplishments.

Cool

Today the Argentinian media revealed that it was actually Luis Suarez who convinced Messi not to leave Barcelona after he lost the 2016 Copa America final. Apparently no one , not even Messi's father, could convince him. He had decided to leave Barca 100%.

I'd add Barça keeping the best player of all time to Suarez's list of accomplishments.

Sounds bullshit tbh, how reliable is the Argentinian media?

Home of Barca Fans