Luis Suárez

Andresito

Staff member
Id rather play with no CF, long term its better for the team than having him here another 2 years.

It's easy to say, but the truth is everyone will be screaming for a CF if we play without one. It was evident when he was injured.
We might not be best with him on the pitch but without him (or any natural CF) we are even worse.

FinBarcelonafan

It's easy to say, but the truth is everyone will be screaming for a CF if we play without one. It was evident when he was injured.
We might not be best with him on the pitch but without him (or any natural CF) we are even worse.

Yeah but we see the downside in CL. He is not good enough(overall game) and he is not banging goals anymore either. I would Rather have a guy with high work rate than Suarez if he is not producing goals. I think we would be better team.

Lautaro probably improves our team more than Suarez if we face a good team. I don't even rate him that highly but just says how low Suarez has dropped. He is not Barca quality anymore and we would be better off with a young player with less goal ability, but way better overall game. We would be much stronger TEAM.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

That is because we have neither good wingers or no 9 to replace him. Only another SS who plays same position as Messi.
We can live without a number 9 if we have 2 good wingers to play beside Messi, or a direct replacement to Suarez. But neither is a tough job

Andresito

Staff member
Yeah but we see the downside in CL. He is not good enough(overall game) and he is not banging goals anymore either. I would Rather have a guy with high work rate than Suarez if he is not producing goals. I think we would be better team.

Lautaro probably improves our team more than Suarez if we face a good team. I don't even rate him that highly but just says how low Suarez has dropped. He is not Barca quality anymore and we would be better off with a young player with less goal ability, but way better overall game. We would be much stronger TEAM.

Yes I'm not saying we should keep Suarez at all costs. But playing Messi, Griezmann or Ansu as real or false 9 aren't the solutions either, not with our current setup. To get rid of Suarez we need a new striker.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
So you want to handicap the team for 2 years instead of 1?
I'd rather he and his supporters fuck right off; if he has any left that is.

slicknick

So long as the Amigos are all there, he will never leave :suarez:

God I really refused to believe any of these, or the level of incompetence our board shows; but the writing really is on the wall, huh?

Birdy

That is because we have neither good wingers or no 9 to replace him. Only another SS who plays same position as Messi.
We can live without a number 9 if we have 2 good wingers to play beside Messi, or a direct replacement to Suarez. But neither is a tough job

True,
and yet the best games under Setien were those ones in late February and March, in which Messi played as a false 9, Griezman as right inside forward and Fati as left inside forward

clemente

If Suarez leaves Catalonia, it would directly affect Messi's social life, I doubt he has many friends. If Suarez leaves, so will Messi, that's just how it is.

Home of Barca Fans