Luis Suárez

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Just reread his comments. You're right. And now I look like a muppet.

:horse:

That's okay dude..... I give you the benefit of doubt.

Pique just predicted people would be busy making babies last night. I say they also would have got drunk like there was no tomorrow

Altomonte

Just re-watched the penalty situation over and over again. It was a perfect pass by Messi and a perfect run into the box by Suarez. Marquinhos was late and tried to catch up. He inhibited Suarez both with his arm and with his leg. There was not much contact but he definitely prevented Suarez from converting the clear chance 1-on-1 with the GK. Maquinhos did not protest, he did not feel that the penalty was undeserved. Suarez may have exaggerated the fall, but it was not just a dive.
I think 9 out of 10 objective referees would have given this penalty, in particular when watching the play from behind.

Last edited:

dostoevskij

i would also say the way he goes down, and the way marquinhos is reactign afterwards there must be contact on the feet with enough forcet full speed to bring him down. did he joined in that challenge positively, of course, any striker (bar messi) would!

MaroonFox4

I know that Suarez's legend status has already been cemented. But last night he was incredible. I was watching the BEin Sports panel discuss this after the game. They were lauding Suarez for screaming at his teammates to not give up right after Cavani's goal. From that moment on, he was a constant pest every single time the ball was near him. He was integral in this match. 1st goal, key in the 2nd and the 5th. He's the type of player I had been wishing Barça to have for years.

Potroh

i would also say the way he goes down, and the way marquinhos is reactign afterwards there must be contact on the feet with enough forcet full speed to bring him down. did he joined in that challenge positively, of course, any striker (bar messi) would!

There was contact by Marquinhos's knee and don't forget that the referee was exactly behind their position, so all he could have seen was Suarez's losing stability and partly theatrical fall.
There was no way he could see the actual situation or contact, so it was anything but a pragmatic decision by him, it was more of a "situational or political" one. Barca was still two goals behind, so a penalty like that could be questionable but also give-able. Had it been the last goal situation, that decides everything, he wouldn't have given it - most probably.

mehdimike

There was contact by Marquinhos's knee and don't forget that the referee was exactly behind their position, so all he could have seen was Suarez's losing stability and partly theatrical fall.
There was no way he could see the actual situation or contact, so it was anything but a pragmatic decision by him, it was more of a "situational or political" one. Barca was still two goals behind, so a penalty like that could be questionable but also give-able. Had it been the last goal situation, that decides everything, he wouldn't have given it - most probably.

Exatcly!if it was for the last goal Barca needed I doubt he would call it a penalty.

ManusXavi

I am waiting for the day football introduce a challenge/review system like they have in Gridiron, Test Cricket. .etc

MIXA

From that moment on, he was a constant pest every single time the ball was near him.

Labelling Suarez as a constant pest is perhaps the best way to describe him as a player. :lol:

I'm sure that every opposition defender in the game despises his mere presence on the field. The fact that he is always in their face makes them hate him even more.

I'm quite sure that Suarez gets out of bed every match day with the sole intention of pissing off the CB's. Even if he does not score a goal, he loves to be the noisy neighbour in the opposition defence.

Buying Suarez is perhaps the best transfer this club has ever made. Maybe Ronaldinho is No.1, but Suarez is definitely top 3.

F

FlaFCB

[tw]840278772037386240[/tw]

Don't remember if this angle was already posted here, but no idea how can anyone say this isn't a pk.

F

FlaFCB

I seen people still trying to discredit it because the video was "Sped" up.

Haha. In slow it's the same. Marquinhos isn't going for the ball. And clips Suarez legs. Guess if he shot Suarez, it'd be a pk for those people.

Home of Barca Fans