Luis Suárez

Ritchie

Doesn't deserve a new contract he's been dreadful this season. Why reward such poor performance?

Only worthwhile if it helps to persuade Messi to stay. Otherwise why get this done before Messi?

Let's just hope it's poor form and not a decline for a player nearly 30 now.

BarçaBarça

Doesn't deserve a new contract he's been dreadful this season. Why reward such poor performance?

Only worthwhile if it helps to persuade Messi to stay. Otherwise why get this done before Messi?

Let's just hope it's poor form and not a decline for a player nearly 30 now.

He is rewarded for the work he has done until now, where his bonuses hasn't been giving him what he actually deserves.
It is a very good signal from the club, which shows potential new worldclass-strikers, that if you prove yourself here, we trust you and reward you.

And IF he becomes very bad towards the end of the contract, I'm sure we find a solution.

FC B

My concern is he got contaminated from Neymar with complacency. You can tell in a second he lost his hunger, his insane runs after every ball even against a week opponent. I hope this is only temporary not like in Neymar's case...

F

FlaFCB

CzzGMBeXUAAm69t.jpg:large

It's done.

Ritchie

He is rewarded for the work he has done until now, where his bonuses hasn't been giving him what he actually deserves.
It is a very good signal from the club, which shows potential new worldclass-strikers, that if you prove yourself here, we trust you and reward you.

And IF he becomes very bad towards the end of the contract, I'm sure we find a solution.

It shows 'world class strikers' that there's no place here for the next 5 years because Suarez is here.

We could sell him for big money at 30/31 and spend the money on a younger forward, or we could lose him for nothing at 33/34 when he's already over the hill and have to spend a fortune to replace him.

Last edited:

Chong Li

There are fans actually critisizing Suarez' contract extension?

LOL

I bet you guys would also sell Messi to China for the right price...

Devils

Completely disagree with people who say the extension is too long.

It's a pretty safe to bet on Suarez scoring 20+ goals per season even into his 30s. A player of his quality is more than capable of it.

jamrock

He doesn't deserve it? Lol

Crazy people.

But as a club we need to rain in these wages. It's getting out of control

I love Suarez but no one can tell if he will maintain his level for four more seasons after this one. Until 2020 would have been ideal, but it's not really a big deal anyway.

Home of Barca Fans