Luis Suárez

F

FlaFCB

I really don't understand how Griezmann ended ahead of him. He was a big choker, Suarez was effective, and had more goals and assists.

FC B

Identical as I totally can't understand how Cristiano ended ahead of Messi just and only by the team results criterion, Suarez should also had been placed in front of him but this is purely a popularity/trofee won contest and entirely not a best footballer one..

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I really don't understand how Griezmann ended ahead of him. He was a big choker, Suarez was effective, and had more goals and assists.

He has a pretty face, good boy looks and is from the same country that gives the award... On top of that he hasn't bitten anyone :pep:

Morten

Suarez is a special case, Fifa hates him because of his biting episodes or something and will never include him on top 3, let alone win.
Thats just reality, its a shame, but its simply how it is.

Messi983

Suarez is a special case, Fifa hates him because of his biting episodes or something and will never include him on top 3, let alone win.
Thats just reality, its a shame, but its simply how it is.

I agree but this years Balon D'or has nothing to do with FIFA anymore. My guess is Suarez won't even be in top 5 in Best FIFA Men's player voting.

Ritchie

He deserved the podium imo. Had an absolutely brilliant year.

Been poor this season and had no impact on the Copa America.

I'd be tempted to put him above Griezmann for bottling the two finals and Ronaldo because he hasn't played well most of the year and their goal record is similar even without Suarez scoring all the Penaldo's.

I think Messi and Griezmann should probably have been 1 and 2. Ronaldo or Suarez third

Ritchie

Suárez didn't even play in Copa America due to injury, pretty hard to make an impact then.

As I said he had no impact. Messi got Argentina to the Copa final and played well in the tournament. Ronaldo won the Euros and Griezmann top scored and got France to the final. Suarez can only be judged on his club form.

jj_101

Suarez had Messi in his team. Griezmann got reasonably close to two titles "on his own", and is a new face.
I suppose you believe Atletico's defensive record is down to Griezmann.
Let's face it, Atletico have had better attacking players/play in previous years (Costa, Falcao, Aguero, Forlan). The reason they won/challenged for trophies is because their defence was better than in the past.
How many trophies would Barca be on if their defence was as good?

I suppose you believe Atletico's defensive record is down to Griezmann.
Let's face it, Atletico have had better attacking players/play in previous years (Costa, Falcao, Aguero, Forlan). The reason they won/challenged for trophies is because their defence was better than in the past.
How many trophies would Barca be on if their defence was as good?

You suppose wrong. What I said is pretty clear, Griezmann is by far the most mediatic and talented player in the team. Where are the other Atletico players in individual rankings ? Griezmann, for better or for worse, gets all the glory. Hence the "on his own", between brackets. Most football fans would be hard pressed to name another atletico player. And he truly was the best player for France in the euro.

Meanwhile MSN all get a piece of the action at barça. Everyone knows Neymar and Suarez (and busquets and piqué and iniesta). This creates the perception that their individual achievements aren't as important, it's only logical. So it's not surprising to me that Griez was ranked over Suarez, and it certainly has nothing to do with his nationality or "nice face". It's about being a new face, and sole superstar in his team.

F

FlaFCB

[tw]809394631565787142[/tw]

He'll sign his renewal tomorrow, until 2021 + one optional year.

Home of Barca Fans