Luis Suárez

LeeRomeno

When most people talk about a player's stats they are usually talking about their stats for the season unless mentioned otherwise. Especially when a player is going through a bad run of form people talk about his stats for the season being under par. Suarez was over 30, his stats and his over play were abysmal and he had been shit for months at that point. It was well within reason for people to assume he was finished.

What are you trying to prove? When players above 30 start playing horribly for months most people assume they're finished as that is the most logical assumption. People were right to call him out then. What I don't like is sanctimonious fans like you berating and ridiculing other posters for their warranted criticism of our players. Suarez has managed to turn it around since then and great, we're all happy for him, but don't act he didn't look finished at one point, because he clearly did.

I am not trying to prove anything lol, did my comment look like one? I commented in a way as I did to show the vast contrast on how player has been treated here and how heroics of the past mean nothing if there a chance to send a legendary player down the drain.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well tbf, what do people expect him to do?

He has like three defenders around him all the time. No one on the wings to connect with. No one with pace in the team to threaten the defenders and draw them out of position to make space for him.

His first touch and all that have always been shit/erratic.

Let's be honest, we could line up in a 3-3-1-1 in most La Liga games and win. It's games like these that shows the limitations and problems with the system. Unless we play with more pace and faster with proper players, we're not winning the CL again. Doesn't matter if we have Messi and Suarez if they can barely find each other.

clemente

Seemed perfectly fine, just playing against a parked bus, 3 in the back which he gets to play against once a year, had 0 service as expected from this midfield, can't say anything bad really, again I don't understand what do people expect from him in a game like this.

dakt

Type of player that can bump his way through from time to time. Can ruin dozen of chances, easy passes, but will score some hard goals here and there and get us back celebrating him. Very, very hot and cold player. We just need more creative and skillful player...especially in this system where he's practically out of his natural position doing nothing more but chasing the ball most of the time.

SeloBarca

He played well with what he was given.
Try yourself playing against 10 defenders alone.

Valverdes 4-4-2 hurts Suarez SO much.
With MSN he had 2 players pulling defenders away from him. Now he has noone to help him out.
Messi has dropped even further becouse of our shitty midfield so hes even more isolated.
Trust me, without Suarez we would be much much worse of.

ASordidGod

Thought he was okay, actually. Touch was much better than normal. Lot of defenders around him; absolutely no space. At least his link up was decent enough.

ronniecro

i can't just rate him when we played against 8-9 players in between 11-25m,pressed well but again got idiotic yellow card for arguing

Home of Barca Fans