Luis Suárez

Galaxyman

Luis Suarez is the fastest player in Barcelona history to reach 100 goals. I thought he would be a "soft-legend" (IE: do well, but not really stay in the hearts of Barca fans long term. IE: Coutinho in Liverpool). But he's establishing himself to be one of the legitimate all-time greats in the club's history. And it seems like he could carry this form for a good 3-4 more years, or more if he's really on THAT level (cream of the crop. Cryuff, Messi, etc).

Catta

Its a shame he didn't come sooner to us, directly from Ajax. Then surely he would be second top scorer in clubs history.

raskolnikov

I agree but in a way we were lucky to get him at all. If Arsenal didnt put that 45+1 bid down but say 46 he would have went there after which we would probably lose interest after two years since they would probably not have sold him after 1 and he might have ended up at City, Juve or Atletico at this point.

Kerrybai

Luis Suarez played 27 games for Barcelona this season: - First 14 games: 3 goals - Last 13 games: 13 goals

Hopefully this form continues. Hes also only 5 shy of his 400th goal while Messi is only 7 shy of number 600.

raskolnikov

I think he will break 500. A striker getting 300 is usually very good, 400+ is already rarer but 500+ is special. Of the currently active players I could see Suarez, Lewandowski, Neymar and Zlatan reach it. Zlatan is closest. He needs 18 goals. If he goes to the US after this season he will probably reach it.

Kerrybai

I think he will break 500. A striker getting 300 is usually very good, 400+ is already rarer but 500+ is special. Of the currently active players I could see Suarez, Lewandowski, Neymar and Zlatan reach it. Zlatan is closest. He needs 18 goals. If he goes to the US after this season he will probably reach it.

Yeah 500 really is special when you think the likes of Henry never reached that mark. Suarez will almost certainly do 500, Neymar at this rate will go past 600. Aguero is an outside shot for 500 too if he can stay fit for an extended period.

Home of Barca Fans