Luis Suárez

Neymessi

There suarez there, just stay like that. Not gonna ask you to improve. Just stay exactly like you are right now and don't turn to shit again.

Has been doing quite well these last few games and god hope he stays like this. That being said there is a chance that stunner was luck and he was trying to pass to roberto.

Andrew M

There suarez there, just stay like that. Not gonna ask you to improve. Just stay exactly like you are right now and don't turn to shit again.

Has been doing quite well these last few games and god hope he stays like this. That being said there is a chance that stunner was luck and he was trying to pass to roberto.

Yes it's all so easy scoring brilliant goals isn't it?

Sometimes people/players lose confidence or have injuries. I suggest employing a more supportive tone to one of our best ever strikers.

Neymessi

Yes it's all so easy scoring brilliant goals isn't it?

Sometimes people/players lose confidence or have injuries. I suggest employing a more supportive tone to one of our best ever strikers.

I am not going to indulge in your mindless zealousy for our players. Your first line is totally irrelevant and meaningless.

Your second line reeks of fanboyism. Players get old, they decline, they get shit, deal with it. There is a good chance suarez is on a decline and nowhere near to the past suarez. Not anywhere near 'finished' but still declined.

Last edited:

Andrew M

I am not going to indulge in your mindless zealousy for our players. Your first line is totally irrelevant and meaningless.

Your second line reeks of fanboyism. Players get old, they decline, they get shit, deal with it. There is a good chance suarez is on a decline and nowhere near to the past suarez. Not anywhere near 'finished' but still declined.

It's obvious if a player is just picking up a check every month and not trying, but it was clear he was indeed trying hard during his barren spell. While coping with his injured knee and his curtailed convalescence to return for Uruguay he was also having to do a lot of donkey work on the left wing as we adjusted to our new 442.

So perhaps having people write him off was rather uncharitable?

Neymessi

It's obvious if a player is just picking up a check every month and not trying, but it was clear he was indeed trying hard during his barren spell. While coping with his injured knee and his curtailed convalescence to return for Uruguay he was also having to do a lot of donkey work on the left wing as we adjusted to our new 442.

So perhaps having people write him off was rather uncharitable?

How about no? If he was trying hard and still not getting shit done maybe it meant he was actually declining? Its not just his post injury period when he played bad. Connect the dots and he has been on a continous decline for quite some time now and he was bad even before the injury. Playing on the left wing argument is so flawed I don't even want to argue but its repeated all the time. Playing on LW doesn't make you forget passing, touches, dribbles etc. He looked like he forgot how to play football.

He has been better in the last few games but that doesn't mean he is 'back'. If he keeps up this form for some time then sure he will be back but its too soon to tell. Everyone here changes their opinion faster than a chameleon. Not long ago everyone called him finished and now he is the best 9 in the game. He has scored 1 beauty and the rest were routine goals and his overall play while not atrocious like before,has been okayish. Nothing great imo.

All in all, he has shown nothing to me that he is 'back' but keep on branding people haters for being pragmatic and objective rather than being jingoistic.

Andrew M

How about no? If he was trying hard and still not getting shit done maybe it meant he was actually declining? Its not just his post injury period when he played bad. Connect the dots and he has been on a continous decline for quite some time now and he was bad even before the injury. Playing on the left wing argument is so flawed I don't even want to argue but its repeated all the time. Playing on LW doesn't make you forget passing, touches, dribbles etc. He looked like he forgot how to play football.

He has been better in the last few games but that doesn't mean he is 'back'. If he keeps up this form for some time then sure he will be back but its too soon to tell. Everyone here changes their opinion faster than a chameleon. Not long ago everyone called him finished and now he is the best 9 in the game. He has scored 1 beauty and the rest were routine goals and his overall play while not atrocious like before,has been okayish. Nothing great imo.

All in all, he has shown nothing to me that he is 'back' but keep on branding people haters for being pragmatic and objective rather than being jingoistic.

I recognise that in the beginning of the season his performances were lacklustre but it happens. He still put in a shift and is now delivering the goods. He is one of the most prolific goalscorers of the past 5/6 years and so reasons to doubt him were premature.

If you think my comments represent jingoism then I do wonder about your judgment

Stoichkov1

I watched el dia después and you're right, he admitted he was trying to pass and not to shoot.

Zincubus

Banned
I watched el dia después and you're right, he admitted he was trying to pass and not to shoot.

na . I'm sure he meant to score ... He had a look up , then curled the ball , something he's done for a decade .. S.Roberto wasn't even in the penalty box when Suarez took the shot ..

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans