Luis Suárez

Devils

Something is seriously up with him. I don't know if it is fitness, diet, tactics, injury, confidence etc...But it has to be addressed.

I refuse to believe he is 'finished' like some people are claiming on here, but whatever it is, he needs to sort it out soon.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Suarez will come good. Just needs to get a run of good games. Sadly, the position doesn't help him though. He's playing less central and the farthest away from the goal he is, the hardest it is for him. He needs to play on the shoulder of the other teams' CBs. Not in a David Villa role, but in a Samuel Eto'o role.

He's played like that for Ajax and Liverpool though, so it's not something he cannot do.

If he plays like this, he would probably be bad in a central role too. He's still getting the ball in favorable positions, but ends up miscontrolling the ball, trying the same dribble and losing the ball, passing the ball back for a quick one-two that goes 10m away from the other player.

Had one pass back to Alba today that almost went back to Umtiti instead.

Neymessi

Has been terrible for ages now. Remove his goals which he isn't even scoring these days and you have a below average player.

Neymar had great stats too but he was crucified for his overall play and honestly he wasn't half as bad as suarez is right now. Neymar would dribble past players and instead of passing he would try to dribble another and lose the ball and he would get the stick for that. Also he would try risky passes that wouldn't come off and get the stick for that too. Suarez on the other hand can't dribble for shit even one player and forget about risky passes he misplaces short passes without any pressure from opposition.

People saying he can be back and he can be but the only thing I expect him to be back is in goalscoring. He has been poor in all other aspects apart from that and for a long time too. Can't see his overall play going to the level of his liverpool days or of our treble season. His touches,passes etc are only going to get worse imo.

Last edited:

Nothanks

just needs to be benched for a game or two maybe subbed out more often when he has games like these.

he is super competitive and when his spot is up for grabs maybe he'll perform better

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
His body language is something that irrititates me the most. The way he waves his hands in desperation or discontent after fucking up another pass and does absolutely nothing after that, no tracking back, no pressing, just a sour face - makes me think whether he always blames others for his mistakes.

serghei

He's played like that for Ajax and Liverpool though, so it's not something he cannot do.

If he plays like this, he would probably be bad in a central role too. He's still getting the ball in favorable positions, but ends up miscontrolling the ball, trying the same dribble and losing the ball, passing the ball back for a quick one-two that goes 10m away from the other player.

Had one pass back to Alba today that almost went back to Umtiti instead.

He's older now though. When you age as a striker, you tend to be better closer to the goal, while the overall game, dribbling quickness, speed and athleticism drops.

Neeraj

Or it could be a coach learning from Lucho's mistake of rotating heavily in an away game, four points clear of Madrid, a day before Madrid have a game against a Sociedad team in form...

It made sense to go all in for a win to keep the pressure on RM.

I'm sure we'll see rotations on Tuesday at home.

But that would be true if Suarez needed to be rested. We're talking about a situation where he's not performing at the required level, so there's no question of "too many rotations" as this is a technical decision needed. Same with Iniesta, who cannot perform at a high level twice a week.

Ritchie

Suarez is the one than should have been sold not Neymar. I've been saying the same thing for more than a year Suarez is absolute garbage, he can't even offer simple basic football (pass and control). worst thing is we will not sell him easily. his value is at rock bottom.

Just another big fat salary who doesn't offer the slightest addition.

My little sister would do a better job, Villa is galaxies ahead of the current thing playing as our 9

Imagine if Messi walks next year. We're stuck next season with Suarez spearheading the attack.

The Suarez of 13/14 was maybe even the best player in the world that season (the one season Messi dipped and wasn't the best around since 2008) which got Barca to sign him. He almost carried a poor Liverpool team to their first title and could have won the Ballon D'or if he hadn't bit Chiellini or at least come top 3. He's a shadow of that now.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Or it could be a coach learning from Lucho's mistake of rotating heavily in an away game, four points clear of Madrid, a day before Madrid have a game against a Sociedad team in form...

It made sense to go all in for a win to keep the pressure on RM.

I'm sure we'll see rotations on Tuesday at home.

Lucho rotations was great in keeping team in shape, in 2 of 3 years we were far better in 2nd half of the season than 1st. His problem was that he didn't manage some of the rotations right, putting too many changes in one game and then starting line up in the next. Valverde is either heading into this or into wearing the team down

JamDav1982

Lucho rotations was great in keeping team in shape, in 2 of 3 years we were far better in 2nd half of the season than 1st. His problem was that he didn't manage some of the rotations right, putting too many changes in one game and then starting line up in the next. Valverde is either heading into this or into wearing the team down

Not sure about that.

Last season looked lethargic in a lot of games in second half of season and season before went through a shit run of form around April that got knocked out of CL and almost lost the league.

khaled_a_d

Not sure about that.

Last season looked lethargic in a lot of games in second half of season and season before went through a shit run of form around April that got knocked out of CL and almost lost the league.

The season before was the one he didn't make the rotations with Rafinha and Messi injuries and the team didn't have its signing registered.
Last season we lost only 8 points in Liga in last 21 rounds

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Suarez will come good. Just needs to get a run of good games. Sadly, the position doesn't help him though. He's playing less central and the farthest away from the goal he is, the hardest it is for him. He needs to play on the shoulder of the other teams' CBs. Not in a David Villa role, but in a Samuel Eto'o role.

Yep, if you look at his heat map against Getafe you can see that he is playing way too deep and he hasn't taken a single shot, that's just not normal for a striker.

Home of Barca Fans