User Tag List

Page 389 of 435 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,835 of 6518

Thread: 9 - Luis Suárez

  1. #5821
    Senior Member
    Richard.H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California, United States
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m afraid the Suarez-Messi bullyism won’t go away until we get a new manager or one of them leaves. It’s going to be a long, long season.
    Laugh , smile or cry

    Jugadorazo till I die

    - catalinutzR80 2014

  2. #5822
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    30,016
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messi will understand. He was close to many players. We can't drag along Rakitic, Suarez and Pique all at the same time for much longer.

  3. #5823
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    28,914
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messi's closest friend since he joined La Masia came and left. Why do people think he'll get hurt if Suarez is benched or sold? He knows it's a business and that these things are a part of it.


  4. #5824
    Villarato!
    Wolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,956
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Messi's closest friend since he joined La Masia came and left. Why do people think he'll get hurt if Suarez is benched or sold? He knows it's a business and that these things are a part of it.
    You that sure of it? It certainly doesn't help when you lose mates. Not when you're a captain and basically carrying the league scoring charts for a decade.
    People are boring.

  5. #5825
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    941
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    You that sure of it? It certainly doesn't help when you lose mates. Not when you're a captain and basically carrying the league scoring charts for a decade.
    Suarez has been top 3 in scoring charts in his league every year I can think of, including this year. Suarez on his day is still as good as any #9, problem is he needs rest and a manager that at the most will play him 1/x week. We should keep him unless he wants to leave and another club pays HUGE.

  6. #5826
    Villarato!
    Wolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,956
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Scott View Post
    Suarez has been top 3 in scoring charts in his league every year I can think of, including this year. Suarez on his day is still as good as any #9, problem is he needs rest and a manager that at the most will play him 1/x week. We should keep him unless he wants to leave and another club pays HUGE.
    Sure he has. Which is why Messi may not be exactly overjoyed to be losing another one of his mates. Leo is an ace, not a leader of men. Too much responsibility tends to crush him.
    People are boring.

  7. #5827
    Senior Member
    clemente's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,358
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Messi's closest friend since he joined La Masia came and left. Why do people think he'll get hurt if Suarez is benched or sold? He knows it's a business and that these things are a part of it.
    He's an introvert, if his bestie goes, he will have to find new one

  8. #5828
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    28,914
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    You that sure of it? It certainly doesn't help when you lose mates. Not when you're a captain and basically carrying the league scoring charts for a decade.
    Of course. He's said it himself. It's a part of this business. He's seen it happen to the era before him too.

    Besides, it's not easy to find a replacement for Suarez.....Barca are not in the position to pay 200m for Harry Kane or 150m for Icardi. They have to assess the market and find a good, valuable option.

    And I've made my feelings about Suarez very well known around here.
    Last edited by DonAK; 11th February 2019 at 11:46 PM.


  9. #5829
    Senior Member
    Giginho75's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    508
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure Suarez will score heavy goals again.
    I remember the criticisms of last season until january before his explosion.

    Many users pretend to have in the squad only and always players with top level technics and shape, every match for all the season.

  10. #5830
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    4,300
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Of course. He's said it himself. It's a part of this business. He's seen it happen to the era before him too.

    Besides, it's not easy to find a replacement for Suarez.....Barca are not in the position to pay 200m for Harry Kane or 150m for Icardi. They have to assess the market and find a good, valuable option.

    And I've made my feelings about Suarez very well known around here.
    Isn't Icardis buyout 90 mil?

  11. #5831
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    941
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Icardi has spectacularly low assists numbers. For example he has 26 over 18115 minutes. For reference Suarez has 100 in 28164 and Mbappe has 31 in 8013. I highly doubt Icardi is a Barca type #9 or that at 25 he would change his spots.
    Last edited by Arizona Scott; 12th February 2019 at 11:06 PM.

  12. #5832
    Senior Member
    shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Paderborn
    Posts
    826
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Of course. He's said it himself. It's a part of this business. He's seen it happen to the era before him too.

    Besides, it's not easy to find a replacement for Suarez.....Barca are not in the position to pay 200m for Harry Kane or 150m for Icardi. They have to assess the market and find a good, valuable option.

    And I've made my feelings about Suarez very well known around here.
    Plus its doubtful either of them would be comparable to Suarez... I mean on his worst day Suarez is as shit as they come but he still is quite good if played with good enough rest in between....I dont think there is any comparable strikers out there on the market whom we can buy right now.
    "If you understand football you make substitutions during the game, if you don't you make comments after it." ~~ Stoichkov

  13. #5833
    Senior Member
    Andresito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,797
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Scott View Post
    Icardi has spectacularly low assists numbers. For example he has 26 over 18115 minutes. For reference Suarez has 100 in 28164 and Mbappe has 31 in 8013. I highly doubt Icardi is a Barca type #9 or that at 25 he would change his spots.
    Playing with good players increases your assists. Both Ronaldo and Suárez have a good amount, most of them are simple sideway passes.

  14. #5834
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    28,914
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FinBarcelonafan View Post
    Isn't Icardis buyout 90 mil?
    Was 110m last summer I believe. Removed now from what I know.


  15. #5835
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    28,914
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His record in his last 23 CL games including Group Stages: 4 Goals & 7 Assists

    From our supposed second best attacking player and the best #9 in the World. Shocking.

    Let's see if he steps up this season.