Question about how the socios scheme works

eddiej

Hi,
Sorry, struggling to find out the information I'm looking for. More of an interest thing really...

So the capacity of the Nou Camp is 99,000 give or take. I also read that there are 103,000 Socios. Is that right, there are more than there are seats? Are these members? Or is season ticket holder more accurate? I.e. how does their seat buying work? Are some of them pure season ticket holders and get the same seat every time? I know priority for tickets is for them. But then I also read about tickets getting sold elsewhere with the member "selling their seat". Do socios buy tickets for every match at the start of the season (and what about the 4000 who can't fit in - if that is possible), and then potentially sell them for more? The same?

I was actually there yesterday for the Man City game (in the away end). I was amazed at how many different languages there were in the away section (i.e. would have expected Man City fans from England in the main). There was even a kid in his Messi Barca shirt (probably 6 or 7) with his Dad. Not sure they knew what they were getting themselves into. Would they have got their ticket from an official route? Or would that likely be one of these sites like viagogo.

Thanks,

Ed

Galning

Not every member is a season ticket holder. But to get a season ticket you have to be a member.
To get a season ticket there is a waiting list of approximately 10-20 years. Families pass on the season ticket to their children, grandchildren, friends,... so it's hard to get one.
If you are a season ticket holder you have the same seat every game, yes. If you decide not to come to the game you can either give your ticket to someone else, sell it back to Barça and get a small amount back or sell it on the streets.

There is no way to get tickets for the away end through Barça so they must've bought the tickets elsewhere. From Manchester City or the black market.

eddiej

Thanks a lot! So what proportion of the non-away sections is season ticketed? If <100%, the members have a race to get the other tickets for each match?

Galning

I don't really know. It depends on the game attendance.

No, there is never a higher demand than supply for games. Members can get ticket easily for games, as can non-members. Only clasicos and/or CL semi-finals can be hard, but then members get priority on buying tickets and you will always be able to buy one.

Home of Barca Fans