Liga l Round 9: Valencia CF - FC Barcelona 2-3

i_bleed_blaugrana

Statement is fine. Barto should call a press conference though and spit fire.

[tw]791295759991840768[/tw]

And spit fire they did.

Gotta say though, went back and looked at the goal again and you can clearly see Messi and Neymar clearly spewing expletives at the fans, particularly Neymar who was rather incendiary in nature. Messi's "gesture" was more so after they threw the bottle but again, that came moments after Neymar shouted something towards the fans and it seemed to be in retaliation to whatever he shouted.

Fans are no question more in the wrong but the players weren't model examples of professional conduct either in the moment. I know it was an emotional goal but they players have to understand that they are getting paid money to be there while the fans pay money to be there and at the end of the day, it's mainly just jealously of the players situations and anger that your benefitting at the expense of their team. Barring racial and personal slurs, these sort of things are nothing more than that.

Neymar tends to get a little too caught up in that at times and he eggs on the hate he gets at times. He's still young and very passionate and that's awesome but he needs to learn to drown that stuff out more and stop in particular provocational gestures and shouts at opposing fans. It's not classy and I think that's why the RFEF reacted like that. If the players and or the club at least acknowledged the fact that we didn't react properly to that situation, perhaps they'd see our side a bit more.

Just my two cents on the matter.

Chong Li

It's not classy and I think that's why the RFEF reacted like that. If the players and or the club at least acknowledged the fact that we didn't react properly to that situation, perhaps they'd see our side a bit more.

Just my two cents on the matter.

Wrong. RFEF reacted like that because it's Barca. Simple as that.

In any normal league Valencia would recieve a hefty fine (should be 50K+) and the bottle-thrower would be banned from entering Mestalla for a few years.

But this is Spain.

El Flaco

this f... fascist cunt of a president can say what he wants, we will still win league after league and his club madrid nada!!!

Btw. the committee blames us for the bottle scandal. wtf is wrong with them?

RFEF’s Competition Committee punish Valencia with an 1500 euro fine due to the objects getting thrown at Neymar & co. after the winning goal + criticise the behaviour of some Barcelona players

Such a ridiculous decision from Spanish FA, especially considering this

Messi received a €2000 fine by RFEF for wishing his mother a Happy Birthday after his goal against Racing Santander back in 2011

i_bleed_blaugrana

Wrong. RFEF reacted like that because it's Barca. Simple as that.

In any normal league Valencia would recieve a hefty fine (should be 50K+) and the bottle-thrower would be banned from entering Mestalla for a few years.

But this is Spain.

Okay I get that and sure, we deal with bullshit like this often but in this particular instance, I see where they are coming from.

Try to be at least a bit objective, that's how RFEF is supposed to be, and even though in general they aren't always that way, you still have to look at the incident objectively.

That reply doesn't really demonstrate that.

Again, not saying Valencia's fans weren't in the wrong but it's not like the players were perfect little angels during the incident and then the bottle came flying.

Messi983

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/bar...os-razon-unidano-mallencoen-gol-messi-5590485

So according to this article Technical comite of Referees said that Messi's goal was legal because distance between Suarez and Diego Alves was enough to not interfere the play. Don't really know what the rules are about that but I think he clearly obstructed Alves's view of what's going on so it should be ruled offside. Anyone with refereeing experience here who knows and can explain those rules better?

Anyway, watching the game again yesterday I've seen similar situation (although not as clear) with Valencia's 2nd goal. I thought Mangala was offside in the middle (from the angles I've seen he was few centimetres ahead of Gomes who covered him but it was almost impossible for the linesman to see that) and then later he obstructed MAtS view when Rodrigo shots. There is no way MAtS would saved that and he saw the whole action from the beginning but just out of curiosity, could this goal be disallowed if linesman would decide that Mangala was offside and he later interfered with MAtS's view? I don't remind any goal being disallowed in similar situations but maybe I just don't pay enough attention to that. I most likely wouldn't see that situation either if Messi's goal with Suarez in offside (and complaints from Valencia fans/Madrid media) wouldn't happen before in the same game.

Home of Barca Fans