User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barca trashes City 4-0

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barca trashes City 4-0

Leo Messi inspired FC Barcelona to trash ManCity 4-0 at Camp Nou in Champions League Group stage.

Messi opened the scoring just after the quarter-hour mark, but for much of the opening period Manchester City played well, justifying Guardiola's decision to line up in what amounted to a 4-6-0 formation with Sergio Aguero left on the bench.

They might even have got back into the match if it hadn't been for a dreadful error by goalkeeper Claudio Bravo, who spooned a pass straight to Luis Suarez while well outside the box - and foolishly handled the ball as Suarez tired to lob it back over his former team-mate's head.

Bravo was red carded instantly, and down to ten men City were then torn apart with Messi scoring twice in the next fifteen minutes.

Neymar missed a late penalty which would have made it four - but made up for his weak spot kick by slotting the fourth home in the penultimate minute.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very, very weird game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least... but in one way, I think Barça has showed caracter... to overcome two injuries in first 30 min. And MAtS finaly saved some shit. Messi GOAT mode back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyaddict View Post
    messi goat mode back.
    he is back!

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the smell of burned city in the morning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly I didn't expect such hammering. I was convinced we will win the match but 4-0?

MES QUE UN CLUB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    exactly like i expected

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
    Honestly I didn't expect such hammering. I was convinced we will win the match but 4-0?
    Most likely the hammering woulnd't have occured without the Bravo massive blunder. Barca didn't play that well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We deserved the victory and the scoreline.

City experimented with their formation, didn't play their best striker and bought him on when they were already 3 goals down, tried to control the game but were very error-prone and their GK messed up. their pressing was pretty good though.

We were definitely the better team and City made way too many mistakes.

Scoreline should have been higher too since we should have scored that penalty.
    Puyol #5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm impressed by MCity, till the red card to Bravo they aboslutely deserved the 1-1.
    “I would love to have played at this club. I am envious of how well Guardiola's men can play. They are like a group of kids who play football in the street without rules. That is the best football, the most authentic, unfettered by tactics or schemes. Guardiola’s philosophy is helping to change the mindset of many tacticians and that is priceless.” Marco Van Basten

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bravo looked intimidated to be back. That's the only explanation I can come up with for his poor performance. Any news on Pique and Alba's injuries?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why didn't Agüero play from start?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strangely, the players didn't even look that good yesterday, clinical finishing from their errors gave us easy victory. Barca is lacking form and fluidity at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was not the Bravo who played so well for Barca. He's had a real disastrous first few months at City.

City's style of play had a lot to do with Barca's lack of fluidity, along with Barca missing both starting fullbacks. City's tactics also left them wide open when they committed all those bonehead errors. Barca was fantastic punishing those errors. There were several Barca plays that were so skillful and athletic, you can go a whole season of watching the Premier League and see no plays that good.