HNK Hajduk Split

El Flaco

Just heard that their fan organization signs a deal to purchase 25% of the club shares

Here's a more detalied post from somewhere I founded of this regard

So yesterday on market in Split, organization of Hajduk fans and small shareholders called Nas Hajduk signed a deal to purchase something a tad bit less than 25% (24,53% to be exact) shares from the current owner, retail chain Tommy, also a sponsor of Hajduk.

So why does this matter? Well because of the situation in Croatian football. This is undoubtedly a triumph for Hajduk fans that have been in a war with Croatian football authorities for quite some time. After all let us not forget that former president of Hajduk was instrumental in uncovering corruption when working together with the anti-corruption department of law enforcement, he exposed a duo made up of the head of refereeing organization and a vice president of the FA accepting pay-outs in exchange for "fair refereeing".

But the case and subsequent guilty verdict and a sentence to 10 months in jail and 5 years probation and 2.5 years in jail didn't do anything to clean up Croatian football. Like any organized crime organization, Croatian football association too is ruled by a strict code of Omerta and subsequent reward for observing said tradition. So Siric and Djedovic kept quiet and they're still dear guests in VIP lodges of Croatian stadiums when NT plays. The man that went undercover, on the other hand has been ran out of football. And the don of this little set up is under investigation in Croatia and in Switzerland, in Croatia for tax evasion and in Switzerland, according to as always unreliable media, for serious business crimes. Yes laws have been written and voted in by government into laws with a goal of clearing the swamp of Croatian football but Croatian football association doesn't feel "like they're obliged to enforce that particular law" and any move the police makes will "be met with firm disciplinary measures towards Croatian FA from FIFA and UEFA because of interference of politics into sports and the NT and clubs will be kicked out of Europe".

But that's an ugly side of Croatian football and Croatian society in general, for the, as someone else described it, intricate inter-mixture of politics and sports also means said don is also a big known donor to the ruling political party. There is also Hajduk and whilst it truly would be a lie to say I can ever be anything but subjective when it comes to Hajduk, a club that I not only support, but of whom I'm also a member and a proud holder of 2 shares, you gotta admit there is some undeniable sense of accomplishment in an organization made up of random Hajduk fans that want changes, not only in our football, but in our society as well if that's what it takes, despite all hardships and logs thrown our way manages to push it's vision and model to a point where they buy 25% of the club they love. That is undoubtedly a significant milestone for an organization for whom the beast of Croatian football said couple of years ago it would kill him if we won the title. I like to think that's because our view of football doesn't have place for the likes of him and his ilk and winning the title in this corrupt league would only be a final nail in his coffin.

So why am I writing all of this? Well you see we gotta pay for 25% of Hajduk and the chosen method is crowdfunding. Yes, I guess I am a shill here, but at least I'm shilling for something I believe in and stand behind. So what's the deal? Nas Hajduk needs to pay 3.5 million kuna annually to Tommy over the course of next 10 years. What's in it for you if you chose to support the project? Well aside from supporting a project which in it's core is football is for the fans and should be ran by the fans since it finances itself mainly from its fans, if you donate 1911,00 kuna over at Nas Hajduk website your name will appear embedded on Hajduk Split's official 3rd jersey for the 2017/18 season. Why 1911 kuna specifically? Because Hajduk was officially founded in 1911. This crowdfunding campaign lasts until 30th November 2016 and the time is limited because in order to be ready for the next season, the design must be completed pretty quickly.

So this probably doesn't mean anything to the majority of you reading here but for full disclosure I guess I must say that no, nobody paid me anything to write this(I do it for free :)), nobody told me to write this, I am a member of Nas Hajduk, I am partial, I'm totally subjective and I believe in this project because I think that a group of other lunatics like myself will take much better care of the club than wannabe political big shots that have led and robbed us in our recent history, or a group of American or whatever businessmen that are just interested in making money on the club to whom said political hotshots wannabe wanted to sell us to so they could pocket the money they sold us for. I believe in socios model in which the members chose the leadership of the club that is accountable to it's members. I strongly reject the view on football that the likes of mr Mamic seem to hold that football is business much more enjoyable without the annoyance called spectators. I believe football is played primarily for the fans. I believe football should be pure and unlike them I think of myself as someone that believes in the old saying that You don't take from Hajduk, but that you give to Hajduk. We've been given a chance that some 10, 15 years ago I think no one even dreamed of and if we fuck it up, at least no one will be able to tell me that I didn't try and do something.

Nucky

If only I was born 10-15 years earlier in ex Yugoslavia when yugoslavian league had the big four - Partizan,Crvena Zvezda (Red Star), Hajduk Split and Dinamo Zagreb. But sadly I was born only a few months before the end of Yugoslavia. My dad and grandfather told me all about those days..

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Man... League was so strong then. Plus.. players weren't allowed to move abroad before they turned 25-27.

I remember some small match my father took me to. It was Dinamo - Čelik match at Maksimir. 40-50000 people were there to watch Dinamo even against puny Čelik.

Home of Barca Fans