CL | Round 3: FC Barcelona - Manchester City 4-0

R

reaper

Good game. There was no point Man City were outplaying Barcelona - and like with 100s of other teams who come to the Camp Nou and complain they lost because of 'errors' - there is a reason they make these out-of-character errors at the Camp Nou - it is because they can't live with pressure Barcelona put on them through quick passes, closing down space and the close control the Barcelona players have. Sterling rarely looks out of place - but tonight, besides one run - he was outshone.

The hard work by Rakitic and Busquets went unnoticed tonight - but as usual - they were the base the Barcelona technical team engineered to launch Messi. Ibrahimovic hated that the team was set up to enable Messi - but it is like that for a reason.

Super game and this side needs to start every game of importance to gain the consistency the club had before Lucho started experimenting. The front 6 are the best available. The drop in class when you go to Arda/Alcacer/Gomes etc is severe.

Last edited:

Adversus

Until Bravo got sent off City had more shots and more on target including by far the best chances.

I think it's the first time in ages a team has gone toe to toe with Barca and at worst been equal at the Nou Camp.

That said Barca have Messi.

Adversus

Good game. There was no point Man City were outplaying Barcelona - and like with 100s of other teams who come to the Camp Nou and complain they lost because of 'errors' - there is a reason they make these out-of-character errors at the Camp Nou - it is because they can't live with pressure Barcelona put on them through quick passes, closing down space and the close control the Barcelona players have. Sterling rarely looks out of place - but tonight, besides one run - he was outshone.

The hard work by Rakitic and Busquets went unnoticed tonight - but as usual - they were the base the Barcelona technical team engineered to launch Messi. Ibrahimovic hated that the team was set up to enable Messi - but it is like that for a reason.

Super game and this side needs to start every game of importance to gain the consistency the club had before Lucho started experimenting. The front 6 are the best available. The drop in class when you go to Arda/Alcacer/Gomes etc is severe.

I thought Sterling was the best player on the pitch besides Messi. Pep has done wonders with him.

snowy

I thought Sterling was the best player on the pitch besides Messi. Pep has done wonders with him.

I was too late for the MotM thread but my picks were: Messi, Ter, Umtiti
Ter had some great saves and was in awesome form. On the Man. City side, thought best player by far was Otamendi. He was quick on his feet and made key interceptions in defense. Score could've been far worse for his team had he not been there. Wished Pep had played Sane. Dude's super talented!

Home of Barca Fans