CL | Round 3: FC Barcelona - Manchester City 4-0

utility73

End result a bit misleading.

City was pretty good until Bravo having a stroke.
Ter Stegen had a superb match and kept us safe until then.

After the red card the match was done.

Barcilliant

We didn't play well but City were well....shitty.

We seem to have no rhythm or consistency at the moment.

This penalty thing has to be sorted out asap.

Just blast the ball into the net. Fuck the fancy stuff.

beogatts

theres always a match where 1 of MSN gets a hatrick.
so tonite is messi's turn. city were shitty with no doubt abt it.

dakt

Uggh...very misleading result. Midfield sucked. We couldn't get to the final third in the 1st half. Fortune was on our side + MC was very clumsy in the defense.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barca - Pep: 7-0 at Camp Nou.

Result is a bit misleding but I think our win was never in question as Bravo was City mom up until his blunder.

Good result.

I agree the scoreline is a bit misleading, we were hardly giving City trouble till the red.

The English media will probably rip apart Bravo despite the fact if not for him we could've been leading 2-0, 3-0.

Pep needs to figure things out here, he set up his team to create chances, but it seems no one can finish, at Barca he had Messi to finish, but he's not going to find him anywhere else.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Uggh...very misleading result. Midfield sucked. We couldn't get to the final third in the 1st half. Fortune was on our side + MC was very clumsy in the defense.

Exactly. Our midfield was very underwhelming to say the least, it gave us almost no support going forward and very little cover defensively. Every time Busquets touches the ball I got nervous. We capitalized on City's mistakes and got rewarded, that's it.

I think under Luis Enrique our midfield has been sucking for several seasons. It is good that we play more counters now, but I'd really like to have a lot more control. People talked about our midfield being stacked, but none of the additions we had have solidified our midfield, so far.

vlad

Nothing special from barca, average game and still 4:0 against pep city, emberrassing for city and pep

khaled_a_d

Several good things to take from the game
-gr8 result despite misleading
-Ter Stegan performing well and keeping things simple with his passing
-Umtiti performance and Mascherano managing to get back to his form
-We have gr8 depth,many injuries in the defense and we they held their own better than expected
-Busquets 2nd half performance was encouraging

The Negative is
-Midfield was shit
-We won this game by taking advantage of their mistakes,nothing wrong in that but some times we won't get that mistakes

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, we get away with our midfield, because there are hardly teams who would make us suffer, but we do need that sorted out.

Look, Messi barely presses and Iniesta is 33. Of course we have to suffer sometimes.
GL finding Iniesta quality that hustles like Rakitic.

Home of Barca Fans