CL | Round 3: FC Barcelona - Manchester City 4-0

BusiTheKing

THE TOP EIGHT SPRINTERS IN WORLD FOOTBALL
Arjen Robben: 37 km/h, Theo Walcott 35.7, Antonio Valencia 35.2, Gareth Bale 34.7, Aaron Lennon 33.8, Cristiano Ronaldo 33.6, Lionel Messi 32.5, Wayne Rooney 32.1

This Robben sprint I remember from match against Spain.
Would have never guessed that Messi was in that high. Maybe back in his more muscular days, but are we sure that it's correct? Seems kind of suspicious that all of the top 8 are huge stars.

gasgas

Arjen Robben: 37 km/h, Theo Walcott 35.7, Antonio Valencia 35.2, Gareth Bale 34.7, Aaron Lennon 33.8, Cristiano Ronaldo 33.6, Lionel Messi 32.5, Wayne Rooney 32.1

in what match did Messi hit that speed

PhilS

Don't know how valid those speeds are. I'd bet on Bale against any of them. CR7 has pretty close to unlimited speed when he smells the chance for a goal. Messi, too, can find all the speed required in scoring opportunities.

For Barca, both starting fullbacks and all 4 CBs show really good speed. That's a huge part of the Barca defense.

snowy

I honestly don't care if they have Pep or not. Their still Shitty and we should be able to beat them comfortably if we play cohesively.

It's Man. City, not Man. Shitty lol

KDB, Silva, Sane, Nolito, Aguero, Kelechi ... these dudes play with flair and they're sure to get better under Pepito. It's gonna be a game of possession. If our team is sharp and MSN can link up, this could be a sweeping victory with maybe a hat trick in the pot. Motivation wise, our entire squad's got the eye of the tiger. Think they might even be hungrier for the CL than La Liga as they let the last one slip by.

Devils

We should be absolutely motivated tomorrow. Beating Man City basically means we will top the group.

While it is possible that we may drop points at the Etihad, I can't see us dropping points at any of our remaining Group Stage games.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Meh, we got a more important game on weekend.

Still, will be great to see Barca play against a different opponent and Pep.

Asylum15

Would have never guessed that Messi was in that high. Maybe back in his more muscular days, but are we sure that it's correct? Seems kind of suspicious that all of the top 8 are huge stars.

These figures irritate me as I sprint myself (100m/200m).

That title is misleading, because it should in-fact say 'highest speeds reached' not top sprinters. 'Top' is definitive, those figures aren't.

Just because Gareth Bale ran 34.7, doesn't mean he can't run faster, same to the others. I'd reckon there are 4-5 players missing from that also, such as Aubameyang, Alba, Bellerin, etc.

Useless statistics.

Horatio

You're welcome

The numbers on Robben are wrong though. I remember that this sprint if true would make him the fastest player but I also remember a new article coming out that his speed was lower than initally reported.

Messi983

Valencia, Lennon and Walcott are huge stars? Maybe I don't follow BPL enough but they are not in the same class as other 5 mentioned players and I don't really consider them as huge stars in todays football.

Home of Barca Fans