Copa del Rey 2016-17

RMU ReBorn

New San Mames is a pretty good venue to host a final . Mestella would be boring , Madrid won't give sanction . And it won't be calderon since they hosted last year's final .

khaled_a_d

Let's be real.

Barca would never allow Camp Nou to be used for a Copa final involving Madrid either.

It happened before that both clubs won in the other team stadium. it is relatively new the whole "never allow" thing thanks to Perez

raskolnikov

I dont get why Perez even gets a say in this. If Bernabeu is selected then that should be it. Just switch it up and not give advantages. Im cool with san mames, hope its there.

Messi983

Let's be real.

Barca would never allow Camp Nou to be used for a Copa final involving Madrid either.

They should just announce final venue before the start of the season and there wouldn't be any problems anymore. I would do a 5-year turn between Nou Camp, Bernabeu, new Atletico stadium, Mestalla and Pizjuan/San Mames. But that's probably too advanced thinking for RFEF.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It happened before that both clubs won in the other team stadium. it is relatively new the whole "never allow" thing thanks to Perez

It did, but after the hysteria the last time we won there, there's no way Real Madrid are allowing their stadium to be used ever again, with Florentino or not.

Especially now with the independence movement going on in Catalunya. Having Catalan flags waving around would be a bitter pill to swallow for nationalists.

They should just announce final venue before the start of the season and there wouldn't be any problems anymore. I would do a 5-year turn between Nou Camp, Bernabeu, new Atletico stadium, Mestalla and Pizjuan/San Mames. But that's probably too advanced thinking for RFEF.

All the clubs would have to agree to that, but they won't. That's the problem and it's something RFEF can't do anything about.

England have a national stadium so every final is there, but in Spain, it has to be with the consent of the club.

Can't say for sure obviously, but I don't think Valencia would allow Mestalla to be used if Levante reach the final, or if Betis does in Sevilla and RSP's case.

With the age of social media and everything surrounding it, rivalry between some clubs have reached a whole new level outside the field.

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

Floper said today that the final can't be played in the bernabeu, because there'll be "works" going on :lol:

So predictable.

khaled_a_d

England have a national stadium so every final is there, but in Spain, it has to be with the consent of the club.

IIRC Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys isn't owned by a club and owned by the government,not sure if it is the Spanish Government or the State of Catalonia. Though you can imagine they would prefer not to have CDR final in Barcelona all the time

Messi983

Another possible neutral venue is Estadio de La Cartuja in Seville.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estadio_de_La_Cartuja

All the clubs would have to agree to that, but they won't. That's the problem and it's something RFEF can't do anything about.

Can't say for sure obviously, but I don't think Valencia would allow Mestalla to be used if Levante reach the final, or if Betis does in Sevilla and RSP's case.

With the age of social media and everything surrounding it, rivalry between some clubs have reached a whole new level outside the field.

All clubs would know in advance where the final would be played so a "home team" would have an extra motive to qualify for that final. If they wouldn't qualify and their archrival would then sh... happens. They could only blame themselves.

El Flaco

Don't tell me you believe this bs. If it was rm playing the final, and the other team wanted the bernabeu, nothing would be a problem.

I don't. Just showing that Pérez's talk on construction work at Bernabeu isn't new.

F

FlaFCB

I don't. Just showing that Pérez's talk on construction work at Bernabeu isn't new.

Every year there's a renovation there, just in case Barça reach the cdr final. And as Barça reached the final in 7 out of the last 10 editions, this is expected from him.

Home of Barca Fans