Copa del Rey 2016-17

FC B

Don't know what's best to happen, get rm out of Copa or not...

Their tie is still open ofc but it will be difficult for them at Balaidos :)

Devils

In these two losses they haven't played any worse than they did during their streak.

It was just so predictable that the losses would start to pile up sooner or later. They aren't an astounding team by any means.

They will improve once Bale gets back though.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
In these two losses they haven't played any worse than they did during their streak.

It was just so predictable that the losses would start to pile up sooner or later. They aren't an astounding team by any means.

They will improve once Bale gets back though.
Exactly

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Can see them smashing Vigo 3 or 4-0 in the second leg.

Sure. In their dreams maybe.
They should worry more not to make another bad step in La Liga or else it's panic time and I doubt even Madridistas Tebas and co. will be able to save them.

aaron101

I'd rather see them lose a game in Liga than in Copa. Copa is their last priority and they don't really mind that competition. That loss could have been another minus 3 points on their lead if it was in Liga.

Horatio

You're welcome
I think I read somewhere that according to Marca Real Madrid has never been able to turn over a home loss like this in the finals of Copa.

Messi983

Yes, but I bet RM will concede at least 1 goal. So they will have to score at least 3.

Even if they concede 2 goals are enough to get them to ET where we all know what would happen. So really, I believe Celta will need to score at least 2 goals to advance and even then I could see RM easily score 3 past them.

RM was poor yesterday but I was also surprised how defensively solid Celta played. Hopefully they can perform on similar level next week. But they have to try and attack Madrid. If they'll just sit back and defend for 90 minutes things won't end well for them.

Neeraj

Even if they concede 2 goals are enough to get them to ET where we all know what would happen. So really, I believe Celta will need to score at least 2 goals to advance and even then I could see RM easily score 3 past them.

RM was poor yesterday but I was also surprised how defensively solid Celta played. Hopefully they can perform on similar level next week. But they have to try and attack Madrid. If they'll just sit back and defend for 90 minutes things won't end well for them.

Well, Celta isn't a team that does that though. They are an extremely team at home. However,

inb4 Madrid get a penaldo and straight red against Celta in the first half :pep:

Vilarrubi

I'd rather see them lose a game in Liga than in Copa. Copa is their last priority and they don't really mind that competition. That loss could have been another minus 3 points on their lead if it was in Liga.

I'd rather see them lose everything.. there's no doubt at all that the game yesterday and the Sevilla game at the weekend were connected..

Messi983

Well, Celta isn't a team that does that though. They are an extremely team at home. However,

inb4 Madrid get a penaldo and straight red against Celta in the first half :pep:

Yeah, that's a very possible scenario.

I hope Celta will just find the right balance between defending and attacking as they did yesterday. They shouldn't make RM totally comfortable in defense because we've seen they are vulnerable if you put them under pressure but at the same time they also shouldn't attack them headlessly and give RM opportunities to score from counter attacks.

My guess is whichever team will score first will then also advance.

barcafan161

given madrid selection in the copa generally it's their least important focus but i'm sure they will play a strong team for the 2nd leg as least. They are still in charge of the title race right now but it can soon change

Home of Barca Fans