2 - João Cancelo

michelco

I don't see much controversy about him hushing the fans. He's been heavily critizied and his emotions got the best of him when he scored, it's a natural reaction to want to silence your critics when they are proven wrong (in his mind they were proven wrong as he scored a goal).

Anyway, just another piece of evidence that he is a rigth winger and not a right back. Watch him play as a right back and you'll see him constantly looking left,right trying to see where his teammates are in order to position himself accordingly. He doesnt have that "feeling" of how a back line moves so he has to turn his head and see it. He just doesnt have that "defensive instinct". Would be just another Aleix Vidal

xXKonan

[tw]868929843945254913[/tw]

I posted the Bellerin portion in the Bellerin thread, but Gerard Romero says in this tweet Cancelo is our second option if Bellerin doesn't come.

xXKonan

According to Superdeporte, Juventus considers Cancelo their number one option to replace Alves and Valencia wants 30 Million euros for him.

Messi983

Cancelo to Juve, rumoured price is around 40M€.

[tw]1011732624501600257[/tw]

[tw]1011880156078669824[/tw]

Catta

He was great at Inter. Defensively he is nothing special, but attacking wise as a wingback he is really great. In Juves 3-5-2 he can show all his talents, great transfer for them.

Raketa10

90% of forum members were trashing Cancelo when he was our target an look at him now at Juve. He is doing great so far! I must say I also didn’t believe in him but it seams we were all wrong.

Joan

That's true. Everyone thought (me, at least) his flaws were impossible to overcome, yet there he is, the best Serie A FB. And here we are.

Androutsos

Yet the majority of us here at this forum keep banging our own drums like we have any clue about who/what/when/why lol

El Flaco

Cancelo has always been a great attacking fullback since his time at Valencia.
The main criticism is his defending, an attribute that isn't his cup of the tea.

Riordon

Its funny how we all mocked this guy when we were seriously interested in bringing him. Its easy to say in hindsight but he would have been a incredible signing. Way better than Semedo.

What he offers offensively is simply fantastic. I was so impressed against United. Semedo need to step up offensively.

I would say Cancelo right now is the best right back out there in close competition with Dani C.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Its funny how we all mocked this guy when we were seriously interested in bringing him. Its easy to say in hindsight but he would have been a incredible signing. Way better than Semedo.

What he offers offensively is simply fantastic. I was so impressed against United. Semedo need to step up offensively.

I would say Cancelo right now is the best right back out there in close competition with Dani C.

IMO Cancelo is better. He is at prime Dani Alves level of contributing in attack. Funny how good he turned out to be. Guess our scots did know something after all.

Home of Barca Fans