2 - João Cancelo

serghei

We should narrow it down to him and a young RB from Ligue 1 for the spot. That league is beaming with talent. I watched him closely with Madrid, and he did a very good job defensively after being put in quite a lot of pressure.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Cancelo shouldn't be anywhere near Barcelona. One good game after an entire season + previous season of noob defending? No thanks. Vidal is twice the defender and people complain about him.

Would rather spend 40m on Bellerin, and I would not like even him. At least he's smart enough to use his pace to cover his defensive struggles. Cancelo simply gives up and starts bitching at his team mates like Cristiano does.

xXKonan

Yep Montoya was the RB and Cancelo the Winger that game. montoya was subbed off at HT but he still played as a RWB with Munir on the right.

khaled_a_d

We should narrow it down to him and a young RB from Ligue 1 for the spot. That league is beaming with talent. I watched him closely with Madrid, and he did a very good job defensively after being put in quite a lot of pressure.

Problem with Cancelo is that he doesn't try,he is actually capable defender when he is motivated.
Player like him would give Barca coach & fans a heart attack tbh

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Cancelo shouldn't be anywhere near Barcelona. One good game after an entire season + previous season of noob defending? No thanks. Vidal is twice the defender and people complain about him.

Would rather spend 40m on Bellerin, and I would not like even him. At least he's smart enough to use his pace to cover his defensive struggles. Cancelo simply gives up and starts bitching at his team mates like Cristiano does.

I actually think Bellerin is overrated. He's overhyped because he is Catalan and his pace makes up for his faults which is the sign of a bad player

Also he is immature

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I actually think Bellerin is overrated. He's overhyped because he is Catalan and his pace makes up for his faults which is the sign of a bad player

Also he is immature

That's kind of what I'm saying. I wouldn't say he's a bad player as he still can improve a lot defensively when you consider his age, but that club he's in with that manager is poison for upcoming players. He's overrated, but still a better player than Cancelo. It's not like Cancelo isn't fast because he is. It's just that he doesn't give a damn about defending whether it is for the Portuguese National Team or Valencia. At least Bellerin works hard and tries to defend, even if his pace is the thing bailing him out.

I'd rather have an overrated player who actually cares instead of an overrated player who doesn't give a damn and thinks he's a Portuguese Cafu.

In the end though, I'd prefer not signing either of them. Bellerin and Cancelo cannot be the last RBs on Earth. There are names like Fabinho, Sidibe(even though I'm not a big fan), Ricardo Pereira, Nelson Semedo to consider. All young too.

Home of Barca Fans