Kasper Dolberg

BBZ8800

11 of them were penalty goals IIRC.

I remember when Afonso Alves totally dominated in the Dutch league, but turned out to be a massive flop for Middlesbrough in PL. There's a lot of strikers who were successful in Neatherlands but not being able to replicate their form in superior leagues.

Yes. Dutch Eredivisie is specific.
From their top scorers, some will turn into Ruud VNistelrooy and Luis Suarez, while majority of others will turn into insane flops.
There are flops and risks with buying players from any country, but a lot of articles and a recent history of the last 15-20 years say that a Dutch league is a specific.
And that buying a player directly from a Dutch league based on his stats from Eredivise is a huuuuuuuge risk.

For example, a similar article:
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/8781375/beware-eredivisie

Jombi

Yes. Dutch Eredivisie is specific.
From their top scorers, some will turn into Ruud VNistelrooy and Luis Suarez, while majority of others will turn into insane flops.
There are flops and risks with buying players from any country, but a lot of articles and a recent history of the last 15-20 years say that a Dutch league is a specific.
And that buying a player directly from a Dutch league based on his stats from Eredivise is a huuuuuuuge risk.

For example, a similar article:
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/8781375/beware-eredivisie

Why not actually watch him play and judge him based on his movements and skillset instead of looking at the number of goals he scored and putting him in the same category as flops? And its not like he hasnt played against Celta Vigo either.

navidjaan

People are so sceptic for no reason, lol. He's 19. Jumped straight from U19 to the 1st team XI and is scoring many (impressive) goals. Watch him play. And above all, he's incredibly humble and down to earth.

michelco

11 of them were penalty goals IIRC.

I remember when Afonso Alves totally dominated in the Dutch league, but turned out to be a massive flop for Middlesbrough in PL. There's a lot of strikers who were successful in Neatherlands but not being able to replicate their form in superior leagues.

Well there's a good reason for that and that is some of the teams in eredivision cant defend even if it were a matter of life and death. One must look what teams the striker scored goals against. Take a look in the OP and watch Zwolle's defence, looks amateurish. Messi would score 10 vs that Zwolle defence

Trickykid

His goal against Lyon last night:

[tw]862982842543992833[/tw]

He's looking more and more like the real deal. He'll stay with Ajax for at least one more season, so a rash, big money transfer luckily isn't on the cards this summer.

Leo_Messi

Dolberg's movements and body feints remind me of Luis Suárez.

This might sound ludicrous but he reminds me of a young Ibrahimovic as well. The technical quality, height, physical strength and link-up play is definitely there and just like with Ibra he is quite quick given his size once he gets going.

I would not mind selling Alcácer (I believe that we can sell him for 20-30 million euros) next summer to buy Dolberg as the long-term replacement for Suárez who will be 31.5 years old by then. I think that the Dane is the real deal. Him playing for Ajax would also likely make his integration into the team a rather easy thing.

Anyway definitely a player that we have to keep a close eye on and if the reports in the local press are anything to go by (Sport and EMD have been useless lately) we are actually monitoring him quite closely which is positive. I would not mind a package consisting of him and Davinson.

Last edited:

Trickykid

[tw]882562206096912384[/tw]

Not that he dribbles a whole lot to begin with, but I guess it's testament to the fact that he chooses his dribbles wisely.

Home of Barca Fans