Liga | Round 7: Celta de Vigo - FC Barcelona 4-3

viper76

this excessive rotation it just madness and it doesn't make sense it is only the beginning of the season and the players should be fit and fresh hr manager keeps making the same mistakes again and again and you never learnt also some players are out of form.

raskolnikov

Lucho is so dumb with his rotations. He will field a b team at Anoeta to play our best 11 at home vs granada.
Just rotate smartly, how difficult is it?
If Real werent playing like trash as well we would have been trailing big time by now.

barcafan161

This is the stupid thing. Real are playing terrible and still are top or joint top. What a missed chance. Yet the gap is only two points I guess so it’s not a completely nightmare but still

BarçaBarça

I think we all agree that rotations are needed from time to time, but before a NT-break seemed quite strange.
It is so strange with the Busquets-situation right now - I guess Lucho thought he would suddenly break through again this game.
But a out-of-form-Busquets and Gomes-Rafina midfield was quite cocky to secure a win over Celta. I'm a fan of playing the usual starters and the substituting them when the game is dead.

It was a big wasted opportunity, and we don't get that many of them during a season. But as RM is playing it shouldn't be a problem to get ahead before winter-break, they are more crap then we are atm. Messi and Umtiti back will give us a big boost, and this will be forgotten, I'm sure.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Pique, Iniesta and Gomes are positives from yesterday. Rafinha, MAtS and Mathieu the opposite.

I would like to hear what positives you've seen in Gomes as I can't see much of his strengths. I've noticed him making good runs forward but that's it.

nibarcafans

MAtS, Busquets and Mathieu the main cause of the goals in last night's downfall, but Enrique is again, struggling with the rotation of the larger squad. No need at all to make as many changes heading in to an international week. Start the strongest available side to keep some rhythm, particularly when we are missing Messi who could pull us out of a hole, get infront and secure the win then make the subs. Didn't think Gomes was as poor as some have made out though, gave glimpses and in time he'll prove a really good signing

Bardh

Poor performance, considering the defeat from last year and not making any serious effort to avoid same mistakes. To concede 4 goals against a mid-table team is inexcusable. Of all the strong teams in Europe Barca has the weakest defense and isn't doing anything about it.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Turan is not a central midfielder. I don't know why we keep playing him there, although he played well yesterday. Busquets is playing the worst football I have ever seen him play; is that due to poor form or is he missing Iniesta? It is almost as he is having to take an extra touch because he doesn't trust the players around him. Gomes and Turan have different movement to what he is used to so it could be that. Either way we desperately need to sort out a solution for the midfield because Don Andres is not got many seasons left in him and at the moment we have a midfield that look neither convincing in possession or in defence. Alba also seems to have had his wings cut, like he has been told not to go so far up the pitch. Personally I believe that we are better defensively when we get him to stretch the pitch and get their attacker to track him back. He isn't the best defender in the world, so keep him bombing forward. Ter Stegen is a fucking arrogant prick who things he is much better than he is.

Asylum15

I don't want to give an ungrounded response, but I feel the following way about 2 things:

1. Mathieu should only ever play in Copa for us again, because he is so braindead when it comes to the technical aspects of the game and our style.

2. As much 'potential' as Stegan has, and as much good things he has to his game, I 100% DON'T trust him. I didn't last season either.

gasgas

I always said how Mathieu is a bad player, either to retire or get sold

3 goals for us are enough to win an away game

But conceding 4 goals is not acceptable

This is all on Mats, Busi and the defence

ATLBarcaFan

Way too many rotations in the squad, I believe this team wins despite Lucho. To me, he is in over his head with this job. His ridiculous substitutions has cost way too many times

Messi983

So much overreactions, I love this. We should sack Lucho and sell everyone. :tata:

Positive thing: last season we lost 4-1 (with better team), now 4-3 (with heavy rotations). If this trend continues we'll win 4-5 next year with a few Barça B players like Gumbau in the lineup. ;) :lol:

Home of Barca Fans