CL | Round 2: Borussia Monchengladbach - FC Barcelona 1-2

Vilarrubi

Still trying to figure out why we signed Paco.

Hope he improves. He seems out of his depth at the moment.

Neymar and Suarez looked out of their depth tonight too.. the team didn't play well in general and the strikers usually suffer the most.

He's also not the type of player who can drop deep and start attacks, only Messi would have been effective in doing that tonight. It's the midfields fault more than the forwards.

F

Flavia

I probably will get a a lot of heat for saying this, but I felt Busquets has become one of our weakest links, if not the weakest link. How many times hav we been scored against after he was dispossessed? He just looks so clumsy when he is being pressed. Not knowing what the heck is wrong with him, we need to have a plan to deal with this very scenario of him losing the ball as it can be very fatal. If he doesn't get better at it, we need to practice how we react when it happens as it will happen again. It is time for us to learn the lesson.

Ugly win but I have to say, despite a very poor half in the first half, we did create quite a few chances, if only Suarez and Neymar could bury them.

No heat. Check his thread. Busi's been underpar lately, and it's very worrying.

barcanuck

Just gotta say Arda has been inspiring after being written off by most of us he has become exactly what we wanted him to be. Paco is snake bitten but arda should start in his place. And for god sake Lucho sub out Iniesta or Busi when they play like crap.

beogatts

neyrez were not in gud shape... arda motm.
i think the rest jst culdnt take the pressure created by german fanz

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Gladbach hadn't lost a game at home since January.

Puts things a bit in perspective. But still, we played poor.

Lucho made a mistake by starting Paco and we generally lacked intensity (bar Mascherano and Suarez) to match the hosts.

nibarcafans

Okay so the performance was poor, but we still got the win, and City drew, so that puts the pressure on them going in to our next CL game

rixxer

Better now than in spring. He will recover, I am sure of it. Actually got a lot better in the second half, after some tactical changes.

Devils

To win this competition nowadays you need to have:

1) A top level team with a decent amount of depth
2) Luck
3) Resiliency

Our depth, luck and resiliency all showed yesterday.

ATLBarcaFan

He has been shockingly bad, seems to be very lackadaisical on the ball, troubling to say the least.

Arda has been great this season, he should have started

Co0ter

Yes. It wasn't a freak accident- he has overall been very poor this season. Slower than usual (which is dreadfully slow to begin with) and sloppy in possession. Watching him sprint back after losing a ball or during a counter attack is like watching someone run in slow motion.

He's been one of the more consistent players we've had over the years, but it deserves to be pointed out regardless.

Home of Barca Fans