CL | Round 2: Borussia Monchengladbach - FC Barcelona 1-2

F

Flavia

PVPPqIc.jpg

This will be a special match for MAtS, returning to play vs his former club. It's also the 1st official match among the 2 clubs.

[tw]779987344275415040[/tw]

[tw]780039189618429952[/tw]

ouaoevr.jpg

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Really like it when we play in Germany. Their teams always show up and play bravely against us.

And as you said, it will be a special night for Mats.

Gallivanter

Gladbach are very similar to Sevilla in terms of their home vs. away performances. That is to say, they are much much better at Borussia Park than away from it. Having said that, if Schubert sticks with the same formation as usual, and the expected lineup, I don't see how Barcelona score less than three. Gladbach's "wingbacks", or wide midfielders, are going to struggle containing Alba and Roberto, leaving their back three exposed and spread too far out. I think Suarez is the biggest recipient and scores twice. I hope it is a competitive match that Gladbach show well in, but I'll call a 3-1 Barca victory.

F

Flavia

The 20 players called up for Mönchengladbach trip
www.fcbarcelona.com - 26/09/2016 | 12:57

Luis Enrique releases the squad list for Wednesday's Champions League game

Following Monday’s training session, Luis Enrique Martínez revealed which players will be making the trip to Mönchengladbach, Germany for Barça’s Champions League Group C match.
The manager called on the 20 available first teamers, including goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen, who will be making an emotional return to his hometown, where he will face his former club.

The complete list:

Goalkeepers: Ter Stegen, Jasper Cillessen, Jordi Masip

Defenders: Gerard Piqué, Jordi Alba, Javier Mascherano, Aleix Vidal, Jérémy Mathieu, Sergi Roberto, Lucas Digne

Midfielders: Ivan Rakitic, Sergio Busquets, Arda Turan, Andrés Iniesta, André Gomes, Rafinha, Denis Suárez

Strikers: Luis Suárez, Neymar Jr, Paco Alcácer

F

Flavia

[tw]780442346131492864[/tw]

Barça will play in the 3rd kit vs Gladbach.

Gallivanter

Schubert does not seem to care much about tactics, especially with regards to defending. That is why I expect some easy goals for Barcelona. If I were him though, I would play a 4-4-2 diamond, with Raffael and Stindl up top and Dahoud and Kramer in the midfield. I think Stindl and especially Raffael could give our defenders some problems. Any guesses on who is likely to play with Pique?

Theoden

Starting line-up İMO
Ter Stegen,
Roberto,Pique,Mascherano,Alba,
Rakitic,Busquets,İniesta,
Rafinha,Suarez,Neymar

Neymessi

With messi injured,paco, arda,rafinha.denis,gomes anyone can start. Everything apart from that one player who replaces messi, I guess we all know what the lineup will look like.

Home of Barca Fans