If Messi and Cristiano didn't exist, who would be the best player in the world?

If Messi and Cristiano both never existed, who would be the best in the world?

• Total voters

Devils

Suarez and it isn't even close.

From 2008-2012 I would say it would have been between Xavi/Iniesta.

In 2013, I would still say Suarez but I suppose you could of made a case for Robben/Ribery.

SocalBarcaFan

I like Suarez more but I think Neymar effects the game more often than Suarez does. Just go back to last year when Messi was out. Who would you say was the best player at that point? Sure Suarez was great but Neymar played similarly to how Messi does now which also happens to be how he plays for Brazil. He pops up all over the place in the midfield. Of course Messi is on another level but if he didn't exist it would be Neymar pulling the strings. Suarez comes so close in this for me because of his work rate off the ball but Neymar has become no slouch in that department as well.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I voted for Pistolero myself but for me, he is only marginally better than Neymar and that's due to his scoring return and just being older. Like [MENTION=9059]SocalBarcaFan[/MENTION] said, Neymar's contribution and impact on the game overall is probably larger than Suarez's atm and if he starts scoring like Messi, Suarez and Cristina do, he'll be the best player in the world then.

My top three behind Leo/Cristiano are:
1. Suarez
2. Neymar
3. Bale/Zlatan, probably lean more towards Zlatan, I've always maintain that he is more talented, smarter and technically sound than Cristiano.

M

Messi+Eto

Neymar easily. .
It takes more than goal scoring to be the best.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Suarez, no contest. Scores, assists and presses like a wild beast.

Neymar has been pretty poor this year and doesn't come close.

F

Flavia

With both never existing, it's hard to predict that. No player would dominate like Messi. And we'd need to know which one would have floper's influence in hading out awards for him. Suarez is the 2nd best right now, imo, after Messi.

ini4ever

I don't know what specific period you mean , like the past one-two seasons or recent years ( 2008 to this moment )
The long period memorably ( like Maradona's era Pele's era and etc. ) i think would go to Xavi and Iniesta after him, and the past one-two seasons would be Suarez.

FC B

Suarez has became the second best since a year or so ago.

Sure Neymar has great talent and awesome potential but lacks consistency. He was phenomenal in the absence of Messi but dipped hard afterwards and since then he's been quite poor considering what he has shown is capable of.

SocalBarcaFan

Suarez has became the second best since a year or so ago.

Sure Neymar has great talent and awesome potential but lacks consistency. He was phenomenal in the absence of Messibut dipped hard afterwards and since then he's been quite poor considering what he has shown is capable of.

That is precisely what this question is. You have to go under the assumption that if he's done it before he can do it again. Which he did to an extent in the olympics with Brazil and then the most recent WCQ. Again I can't hate on people that chose Suarez. He's the best striker in the world and its not even close. But players that play like Messi or even attempt to play like him with decent success come out on top for me cause they can start and finish a play.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I'm a bit surprised how many of you rate Suarez as head and shoulders above Neymar. Neymar's form last season post-January was worrying but I think you guys are being a tad harsh on the kid. He is insanely inventive and is reading the game and opposition better and better with each season.

KingLeo10

I'm a bit surprised how many of you rate Suarez as head and shoulders above Neymar. Neymar's form last season post-January was worrying but I think you guys are being a tad harsh on the kid. He is insanely inventive and is reading the game and opposition better and better with each season.

neymar is world class without a doubt, but i think most barca fans would agree that the addition to suarez was the one that completely changed the nature of our game and put us back on top of europe. neymar has the better footballing skills and is more pleasing to the eye, but suarez beats him handily (as of now) on all the intangibles.

Home of Barca Fans