User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Liga l Round 5: FC Barcelona - Atletico de Madrid 1-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Altomonte View Post
    The Atletico goal was a lucky one, both Piqué and Mascherano stumbled. An opportunistic goal, but it still counts.
    Said the same thing to some friends during the game. Athleti will defend deep with 9/10 behind the ball and then spring a goal out of nothing. That's how they play us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Villarreal prevented this from fucking us up completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch vi Britannia
    Attention, entire world. Hear my proclamation. I am Lelouch vi Britannia, emperor of the Holy Britannian Empire and your only ruler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Bale
    The team that scores more goals will win el clasico.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paco came so late, had no pre season with us, it will be a while before he fully adapts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They scored a lucky goal but what I don't like is that we always play the same, and always speak how we'll learn something from this but we never do. Again we run 10km less, yes, defending team will run more, that's normal but 10km is a man extra.
    We play to static against them, just passing the ball to the feet, we can't mess their defence like that. We need more diagonal runs from our wide players and especially through runs from our midfielders without a ball. Rakitić scored last two goals like that, coming from the deep. It's very difficult for defence to cope with that movement. Even if you don't score you're mixing a therefore breaking the defence. We can also try long shots, just so their defence moves up a bit. Take them out of their comfort zone.
    With static passing to the feet we can only break them with some magical moment.
    That could all be good enough for La Liga, we even don't need to beat them to take it, but if we meet again in CL...I have a bad feeling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our defence is shyt this season. What a clown goal... jezzzz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paco is to short with the team for giving him opporunity in such a strong match a that is the reason why he didnt play, why crying about that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Defense was actually very good yesterday.
    Thing is our defense did not pay attention just ONE time where they relied on the referee to halt play.
    Sadly this cost Barça two points. No excuese, this should not have happened, but it did.
    Still, aside from that Atlético was not able to create any dangerous attacks on counters or otherwise.

What bothered me more, if anything, was the lack of fighting spirit after the equalizer.
    It was all fine to play it cool and disciplined in first half and even beginning of second.
    But I would have expected more emphasis on going for the winner after the match was level again.
    Last edited by utility73; 22nd September 2016 at 09:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils View Post
    If we drop anymore points we are kind of in trouble. It's likely too now that Leo is out.
    Disagree, we slapped opponents las time when lio was out. If we cant beat average La liga teams with this squad, we dont deserve the title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tough game to drop yesterday, the AM goal was an absolute joke. Huge opportunity lost.