Christian Mate Pulisic

Yannik

Christian Mate Pulisic

Pulisic_1.png

Pulisic_3.jpg

US national team starlet Christian Pulisic accomplished a life goal on Wednesday, starting for Borussia Dortmund in the UEFA Champions League. On Saturday, Pulisic got his first minutes in the Bundesliga this season and did not disappoint.

The 17-year-old winger started on the right of Dortmund's 4-3-3 against Darmstadt, who started off their season with a win and a loss. Pulisic was not overly dangerous on the right but in the 53rd minute he broke through, passing the ball into an empty net off a deflection for his first goal this season. The goal put Dortmund up 3-0.

Pulisic moved over to the left in the 71st minute, which is where he was a real menace. He created two chances, one of which ended in a Gonzalo Castro goal, and made the Darmstadt defense look silly on a couple of occasions. He finished off his day with another assist in the 87th minute, sending a cross in from the right which Emre Mor calmly finished.

Pulisic finished the game with a goal, two assists, three shots, three chances created while completing 39 of 44 passes. Dortmund won the game 6-0 to move to 2-0-1 in the Bundesliga.

pulisic_2.png

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
His grandpa is from Croatia. I'm just saying it's gonna burn some american souls if you tell them he's croatian... :lol:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
They can live with it. Just tell them he's a minority and they are back into docile and submissive state.

NorthernVictory

Kinda annoying he doesn't like his name pronounced in the Croatian way, though. I can't figure that one out. Must be a 'Murican thing.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Nothing unusual for a guy born and bred in the US whose probably had his name pronounced differently by students, teachers and everyone else all these years.

Kinda the same here. I don't mind people pronouncing my name correctly and introduce myself that way, but people have still failed throughout the years and I've been okay and gone with it lol

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Weren't his parents born in the US too? Is his mother Croatian descent as well? This guy is as American as apple pie.

Jenks

Kinda annoying he doesn't like his name pronounced in the Croatian way, though. I can't figure that one out. Must be a 'Murican thing.

I think most people end up doing that. Just from our U17s I know that Giancarlo Poveda changed his name to Ian Carlo Poveda, and Angel Gomes pronounces his first name as if it were the English word 'angel'.

Home of Barca Fans