Christian Mate Pulisic

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He is amazing, really. Easily one of the most underrated players. Very versatile, good vision, really good off the ball movement. Let's see how he progresses.

Today he did really well against Wolfsburg on the right and he made BVB not miss Dembele at all.

Jombi

Tremendous player. The idea that Dortmund's season will collapse if they sell Dembele is laughable. Just another negotiating tactic.

BerkeleyBernie

Produced a fine goal and perfect assist vs Wolfsburg on Bundesliga's 2017-2018 opening day. Barring career-threatening injury, likely to become USA's best outfield male player to date.

Butaan4barca

Maybe I've misunderstand you but I don't think they must sell (out of financial reasons) to "survive" like most of other (smaller than BVB) clubs have to do.

I think they just prefer to sell players like Götze and Hummels (they were both sold for their buy-out clause IIRC so not much they could do to keep them anyway) that don't want to be there anymore? (which is good IMO because there is nothing worse for a team chemistry than keeping an unhappy player).

Mkhitaryan and Gündogan also both wanted to leave and Lewa left on a free transfer (because they prefered to keep him for his last season instead of selling him a summer before; don't know how smart that was financially but if anything this shows that they don't always have to sell their best players when they don't want :)). Other than that I don't remember a case where they had to sell an important player over the last 4 or 5 seasons.

While it's true they can't financially compete with Barça, Madrid, PSG, Bayern and top EPL clubs I don't think they really have to sell their best players until they can keep them happy. But if some club will come with a crazy offer like 70 or 80M for Aubameyang of course they'll likely sell him. That's what any financially responsible team outside of the mentioned top 7/8 teams in the world who can afford to reject those kind of offers for their best players would do. And while Auba is a great player he'll also turn 28 this year and his game is based on speed so who knows what will happen with him in 2-3 years when he'll probably physically decline and lose that speed.

For other young players they bought over the last year and half (or their homegrown players like Pulisic and Passlack) I believe they can keep most of them together if they'll develop well individually and as a team so they could possibly challenge Bayern in BL and maybe with some luck even be a serious contender in CL in 2-3 years. But again, if some club will come with 50 or 70M offer for Dembele or Pulisic it will be hard to turn them down. But whenever they'll sell it will be most likely under their conditions.

nuri sahin + Shinki kagwa ?

oh you mentioned goetze, it reminded me there was one such player ? where is he ?

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Goetze had a great game (subbed out around the 60th minute) today, very active, very involved, he even defended. Looked like he is close to 100%. Very excited to see that.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
I would lose my shit if this kid ended up with us eventually. US player playing for the club in my heart? Plz ☺️
Though I haven't seriously watched him in a bit,not quite sure his level is high enough yet. But I can dream!

Cule4life

The Culest
We have burned bridges with Dortmund. Won't be surprised if they will prefer selling their players to Bayern than to us.

wisconsincule

I would lose my shit if this kid ended up with us eventually. US player playing for the club in my heart? Plz ☺️
Though I haven't seriously watched him in a bit,not quite sure his level is high enough yet. But I can dream!

That's where I'm at. His link up play with Dembele last season was fun to watch. Spend the Neymar money on both of them :rockon:

Home of Barca Fans